eWON 141 no longer connects to VPN

@anonvdumswgp
Hi William,

Here is the firmware update page with instructions:

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/download-firmware/ewon-firmware-0

Excellent, I’ll download it and head back to the brewery this afternoon to apply the update. The current config backup with support files is attached.

Thank you,

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (101 KB)

Hi William,

I just finished going over the logs. Is there a reason it is configured for a proxy on the VPN? If you think this is in error, change ProxyEnabled from 1 to 0.

There were errors on the WAN switch port. This could be interference on the line, weak signal, etc. Is this a 300 ft + run of ethernet? Have you tested the cable? Can you try pluggin a small switch in between the cable and the ewon?

Let me know how the updating goes. It should behave much better once it’s on the latest firmware.

Kyle

Kyle,

The firmware has been updated to version 11.3s0 MA. I placed a small Netgear switch between our production switch and the eWon and the link came up. The internet connection test succeeded and the status page went fully green for a moment. I had our brewery manager check his remote access connection and it was still showing offline. When I made it back to the eWon device it was showing the internet connection up and the Talk2M connection offline. I changed the proxy configuration as suggested and it did not change the Talk2M connectivity. I didn’t know if the eWon needed a reboot after this change, so I rebooted it. The Internet connection went offline and tests of the connection are failing. The physical link does not show a connection light. I checked all cabling again and replaced all patch cables again and this did not correct the issue. The Netgear switch is showing a constant connection to our production switch but the connection to the eWon appears to be dropping every few seconds. All cable runs have been checked and certified by our cabling vendor.

What speed and duplex settings are supported by the internet interface of the Cosy 141?

The latest system backup with support files is attached. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue are appreciated.

Thank you,

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (97 KB)

Hi William,

Please put the proxy setting back to the way it was (I am assuming that changing this broke the internet connection) and re-run the Talk2m VPN Wizard, using either

1. the Activation Key found here in the Cosy’s properties in eCatcher: image or

2. or the Cosy’s name and your Talk2m Account name, User name, and password.

Kyle,

I don’t think the Internet access was broken by the proxy setting. There is not a proxy in place, and the internet connection was working prior to the reboot. I am concerned that there may be a hardware issue with the Cosy since everything else has been tested and confirmed good. We have a critical need to get this working by the end of next week at the latest. Can we either get a hardware RMA on the device or purchase another device to have a known-good spare on hand? I’ll be running by the installation site in a few minutes to revert the proxy setting and I will re-run the Talk2M wizard if we can get internet access on the device. Please let me know what our next steps will be if this is not successful.

Thank you,

Kyle,

I was onsite again this afternoon and applied the change to the proxy. This did not work, so I reverted it to disabled and set the VPN to use the prior port numbers. The internet check succeeded but the VPN again failed. I rebooted the firewall and waited about 10 minutes before attempting the VPN check again. At this point the Internet connection failed. When I plug my laptop up to the same cable I have unrestricted, stable Internet access. Attached are config backups including support files before and after the reboot. Please advise on how we should proceed and how we can obtain a new unit, either as a replacement for the existing unit or as a cold spare.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (140 KB)

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (145 KB)

Hi William,

There is an error reoccurring that often indicates an IP conflict with another device on the network. Can you try changing the WAN address?

As far as the device, I doubt it will be eligable for RMA as it is an older model and probably about 5 years old. Can you confirm the serial number?

If fixing the IP address does not work I recommend doing a factory reset of the device and try to connect to the internet and VPN without installing a backup first.

Kyle

Kyle,

The issue is resolved. In the course of troubleshooting multiple issues there was a duplicate IP on the network. Thank you for your help with this issue.

Thank you,