eWon 141 online but VPN errors

Hey, new to the forum. I’ve been searching all week for an answer. My issue is very odd. I currently have a cosy 141 online in the facility. There are multiple users on this account. Using the Talk2M connection checker, everything was fine and ok. When i log in and try to connect to the 141, i get VPN error STATE 1518xxxxxx CONNECTED, ERROR . Crazy thing is, I called another engineer that works for our company. He logged in using the account, saw the 141 online, and successfully connected and was able to see all the PLCs and etc behind it. I thought maybe the network had an issue so I used a hot spot, same result. I thought maybe the PC was junk so i installed ecatcher on two other PCs in the office, same result. I reinstalled the TAP, for kicks i did the ip32 delete in the VPN script. Nothing. Tried changing IPs on the PC, setting primary and secondary DNSs that I know are used here, Nothing. I dont get it. Why is someone able to connect remotely with no issue? Is this firewall? I wouldnt think so because if it was it wouldve failed on the UDP or TCP of the Talk2m connection checker right? What do you think?

Thanks for reading

J

@jnance

If this doesn’t work with a phone hotspot like you said then the issue is most likely local to your PC.
Do these PC’s have some sort of common anti-virus or firewall software?

I would try disabling your AV/FW temporarily to see if that resolves your issue.

Additionally, I would also try forcing TCP in eCatcher:

The Talk2M connection checker is a useful tool for checking ports but it will not check if a software is restricting traffic to your TAP adapter or if your network is restricting openVPN as service.

1 Like

You’re right. Completely different pc on my home network just now I connected

1 Like

Hey so I’m back sorry, have been traveling extensively. So now I have a pc that will let me alter the firewall/AV settings. This pc is setup for Symantec anti virus to run the firewall and block incoming and outgoing traffic. When I try to connect with ecatcher I can see where Symantec blocks the connection in the network log. So I disabled the AV network rules altogether. In the log it no longer blocks the connection but still doesn’t connect! I’ve also tried setting inbound and outbound rules for the tcp (443) and udp (1194). What am I missing

@jnance

Are you connected to your company’s network? I would try a phone hotspot to see if you are able to connect with that PC. If not, then it is a software local to your PC restricting traffic. To establish a VPN connection to our Talk2M servers, we’ll need outbound traffic allowed on ports 443/1194 but also need the ability to create an openVPN tunnel on the network.

Yep, connected to my company network, tried the hotspot again and no improvement. Out of ideas if the firewall and Symantec are disabled. Happening on two company computers. I’ll keep trying