eWON Cellular Failover Implementation

Good Morning,

Couple questions:

1. Can HMS provide any information on how to implement a cellular failover from the WAN connection in either a Cosy or Flexy? I assume the eWON can only have one active WAN connection at a time, either the hardwire or cellular? I found the WAN Connection failover script on the forum but am wondering if there is an easier way. Please advise.

2. Also, is there an obsolescence notice for the CD series that I can have for my records.

-Mike

Thank You,

@mharrington

1 -

You are correct that the eWON can only use 1 WAN connection at a time (Ethernet,Wifi,Cellular).

Flexy

Currently, the flexy requires a BASIC script to do a WAN failover as you mentioned.
Unfortunately, it’s the only method available if you would like it to work automatically.

The script details are located here:

Another more manual option with the flexy is the following:

You could manually wake up the device with a text message if your device has the Cellular WAN option with a sim card that has SMS capabilities. Note: this is not an automatic failover but rather a manual wake up if the device has a Cellular WAN card and a sim card with SMS capabilities.

To setup this method, see the Cosy option below as it is identical.

Cosy

The cosy 131 has the ability to do a WAN failover ONLY with a triggered Cellular connection (SMS needed on sim card).The triggered connection requires a text message to the device’s SIM card phone number to wake it up if it’s offline.

It does not require basic scripting but does require you to run through the internet wizard twice.

For detailed instructions on setting a WAN failover with the Cosy 131, please see the following topic:

2 -

The eWON CD is currently on limited availability but you would need to contact our sales team to get further information on future availability.

You can find your regional sales phone number by clicking here:
https://www.hms-networks.com/contact/

edit - Added clarification on each method

Joe,

In regards to the case opened below. Is it possible to do a WAN failover from hard wired to WIFI with an eWON Cosy 131?

-Mike

@mharrington

Unfortunately, it’s currently not possible to do a WAN failover from ethernet (hard wired) to WIFI with a cosy 131. You can only failover to a triggered Cellular connection with the cosy 131 by texting it.