Ewon Cosy 131 Ecatcher 6.5 connection issue

We have an issue connecting to our EWON when using Windows 10 and ecatcher V6.5. We cannot reach the IP addresses to the devices connected to EWON.

We are able to connect successfully when using Windows 10 and ecatcher V6.4. The ip address of PLC (192.168.0.10) and EWON (192.168.0.14) are reachable. However the same devices on another VM using windows 10 is not reachable.

Ecatcher can successfully connect to the talk2m network in windows 10, we even tried the talk2m connectivity checked tool and everything seems to be ok.

We have tried the following:

1. Reinstall the software
  2. install an older version of ecatcher
  3. Reinstall V6.5
  4. Rename TAP adapter
  5. Reinstall TAP adapter

Hi @synergycontrols,

Are you able to ping the LAN IP address of the eWON when you’re connected over eCatcher or is it just that you can’t reach the PLCs behind it?

Hi tim,

I am unable to ping anything when I connect through a windows 10 PC. If i connect to the same EWON through ecatcher installed on a windows 7 PC, i am able to connect and ping as well to PLC and other devices including the EWON.

Do you show any errors when you connect over eCatcher? Could I try and take a look at this over TeamViewwer?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hms-networks-s3/original/1X/HMS_QS.exe

Hi tim,

there are no errors, I can setup access through teamviewer. I can setup the device and the PC but we need to decide a time for 10/06/2020. Can you please propose a time that suits you? We are located in dubai GMT+4 timezone.

We could try and take a look at it at 8AM Eastern Time (4PM your time) if that works for you. If not it might be easier to try and contact local support for your area through this ticketing system:

mysupport.hms.se

hi

can we do it at 4.30pm my local time today

Ok I should be free for 8:30am my time 4:30pm your time tomorrow.

-Tim

Hi Tim

OK, see you tomorrow (10/06/2020)

My local number is [redacted] or you can message me your contact. How can i send you my teamviewer ID?

You can either send me a DM or send it the same way you sent your number and I’ll hide the information so it can only be seen by HMS internal members

OK Tim, see you tomorrow. I will DM the details tomorrow

Hello,

Just wanted to see if we still have that meeting today at 4:30 your time? I haven’t gotten any messages yet

Best Regards,
-Tim

Dear Tim,

teamviewer ID is [redacted]

password is [redacted]

helped customer over teamviewer

I have same issue. What was the problem, please?

Hi

The issue was the version of ecatcher.

Thanks for the reply. What revision should I use?

the latest version of ecatcher should work fine, in my case the version of ecatcher had a bug and this was updated by EWON.