eWon cosy 131 Ethernet / CX-5140

Hi HMS,

I allow myself to contact you because i have a problem on your eWon Cosy 131 ethernet.
We use Beckhoff industrial computer (CX-5140) with a windows 10 Iot.
Today I can connect to the remote PC. (I can load my PLC, i can see him in real time).
However, to publish my HMI project I cannot establish the connection.
I use two differents ethernet port. The port 1010 for deployment without security management and the port 1020 when i want to use an encrypted communication requiring a certificate exchange.
When I want to use port 1020 unable to make the connection.
When I want to use port 1010 the beckhoff software asks me for a certificate exchange. Once the exchange is done I get a connection failure.
i contacted beckhoff and they think it comes from the eWon firewall.
He tells me to try open open ports 1010 and/or 1020 on the eWon firewall.
Can we do it? If this is possible, how should I proceed?
Do you have any other ideas?

Looking forward to your reply,
Thanks.

Hi @TQS,

Just to be clear. Are you running the Beckhoff software on your local computer, and connecting through the eWON using the VPN (eCatcher)?

If that is the case, there is no “firewall” (unless you activate it in eCatcher) because this is not connecting to an external network. It’s a VPN tunnel between your PC and the eWON’s LAN. No ports are blocked. You can check the eCatcher firewall status by going to the eWON Properties and clicking “Configure LAN Devices & Firewall” under the “LAN & Firewall” section. Make sure it’s set to Standard.

I’m not very familiar with this product. Are you using the two RJ-45 ports on the base device, or are they on an additional interface (CX5140-B950). Is the HMI built-in to the CX5140 or a separate device? Do you know what protocol it uses (over ports 1010 and 1020)? Is it FTP or something else? Is it TwinCAT 2 or 3 you are using?

One possibility is that they are using broadcasting, in which case you will may have to enable “BroadcastForwarder” in comcfg.txt. Go to Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg and search for “BroadcastForwarder” (5), change the value from 0 to 1 (6), hit Enter and then click Save (7). Disconnect and then reconnect to the eWON and then try again.

Kyle

Hi @kyle_HMS,

Firstely, thanks you for your reply.
Yes I’m running Twincat 3.0 on Visual Studio community 2017 on my local computer and I connect through the eWon using The VPN eCatcher.
Yes I use one of the two RJ-45 ports on the base device.
The Hmi is built-in the CX-5140.
Protocol is http for port 1010 and https for port 1020.
My configuration is set to standard but I have configured the ip address of my computer.
If I use the high level I just need to declare all different organs of my system in this tab ?
I have change the “BroadcastForwarder” setting, i need reboot the eWon when i change settings or just disconnect and reconnect in eCatcher?
No result for this solution.

Tim

Yes you can put the firewall up if you specify the device by the IP address and make sure you are allowing those ports, but while troubleshooting, I would leave it on Standard. I’m not sure what’s causing this issue. The eWON should not be blocking anything. Is there a timeout setting for the download? Can you perhaps increase it?

Since you are in the EU, you may want to open a ticket with your local support group who can get more involved with investigating the case. You can open a ticket at https://mysupport.hms.se .

I have a timeout setting of 45 seconds.
I have open a ticket in EU.
Thank you very much for your answer.
All the best.

OK great. The EU office should be able to help you resolve this problem. Thanks!