EWON Cosy 131 Fails to connect to Talk2M Account

I am trying to connect an EWON Cosy 131 to my Talk2M account but the Wizard fails at the HTTP direct connection step due to VPN connection timeout.

It looks like you might be using a static IP address and missing the correct default gateway or DNS server.

Correct we are using static IP addresses. We have used a number of these in our plants and this is the first one we are having connection issues with. We are using the LAN side on a private network (192.168.xxx.xxx) and connecting the WAN to our plant network VLAN. Our gateway is set to the appropriate value for the VLAN. Our primary use for these is the NAT routing but we also want to use the VPN feature. I can email the settings but I cannot post anything that will be viewed publicly.

What about the DNS address? Did you configure a known good DNS server?

If you want to send us a backup of the device with support files we can take a look at the logs and settings for you. Please create a case at support.hms-networks.com.

I already have a ticket. ID #77963.

OK good. We will help to resolve it through the ticket.

Please note that the only time you don’t have to specify a DNS server is when you are using DHCP or you already have a VPN server configured by IP address.