Ewon Cosy+ETH

Hello, I am using Ewon Cosy+ ETH (part number EC71330_00MA/S. We run all ethernet cables for VFD and PLC through LAN port in the Ewon . During machine power up , the communication signals is established but signal drops for a split second before establishing communication again. Is this issue hardware related?

This is the first I’ve ever heard of an issue like this. How are you detecting this signal drop and does it only occur once or multiple times?

This happens every time we power cycle the machine and happens only during the power up and signal maintains throughout the operation of the machine.

How are you detecting or measuring this?

How many seconds after power on does it happen?

Is this causing a problem in your application?

I notice a fault code on VFD for communication interruption. this vfd is connected to PLC through one of the LAN ports on Ewon on ethernet /ip.

Approximately 1 to 2 seconds after power up.

Yes, as the VFD loses communication it creates nuisance alarm.

Let me check with the Ewon developers to see if this is a known issue. I believe what’s happening is that the Cosy+ is not fully booted up yet, but the switch is activated.

Hi @Pradeep,

Checking with the developers, this is a known behavior and also happens on the Cosy 131 and Flexy.

A bug report was created 3 years ago but has not been a high priority because we were not aware of any adverse effects.