eWon Cosy HMI Fault Email

Hello,

A customer of ours is trying to set up their HMI to send email notifications when faults occur. Based on this post, I set up my parameters in COM cfg. The HMI appears to still be having an error when attempting to email.
“Connect mail server failed. Please make sure network is connected and check if server address and SMTP port are valid”

I appreciate any suggestions. I have not been able to download the document there. We have ensured that the HMI has it’s gateway set as the eWon’s LAN IP

I’m sorry, but that link doesn’t appear to work for me.

You need to make sure that:

NATitf=2
FwrdToWan=1
VPNRedirect=0

And, like you mentioned, make sure the default gateway in the HMI = Ewon LAN IP address AND make sure you have a know good DNS server configured (like 8.8.8.8) in the HMI.

If that is correct, and the Ewon has an internet connection, then the problem is most likely with the HMI’s SMTP settings.

You can test that the Ewon is configured correctly by connecting a laptop to the Ewon’s LAN port, disabling WiFi, and setting up a static IP address (on the Ewon’s LAN subnet), subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server, and then testing if you get an internet connection.