Ewon Cosy+ Talk2M Connection Error

Hardware:
EWON COSY+ (Model 01702)

Hey All,
I am having an issue connecting my Cosy+ with the Talk2M. I have added the unit to eCatcher and run through the wizard but the Cosy+ will NOT register with Talk2M.

Internet connection is solid, no issues there…

The log entry in the Cosy+

“t2m-Error Getting Ewon config for Talk2M”

What am i missing with the Cosy+? Is the Cosy+ setup the same as the Cosy 131???

any help would be appreciated

Yes, the setup is the same as the Cosy 131. Is this on the same network where you have other Ewons working successfully?

Can you take a screenshot when the Wizard fails?

Can you provide a backup of the Ewon created with eBuddy and including the Support Files?

This should allow us to determine the issue.

Kyle,

Thank you so much for getting back to me on my issue.

I think I made matters worse for myself as I made an attempt to update the firmware on my Cosy+ and now the unit is completely unresponsive and I now an $800 paperweight.

I followed the instructions, such as renaming the file, but there was not much detailed information for updating the firmware after the minor blurb about renaming the file. What I did was power down the device, insert the USB with the new firmware and applied power … and that’s all she wrote…

Is there anything I can do to recover from this event?

Thank you in advance,

For future reference, the best way to update the firmware is by using eBuddy.

You can try to recover the device by doing a Recovery with eBuddy. Please refer to the following post:

You can try it first without the 10/100 switch, but if it doesn’t work, try with the switch.

Kyle,

That is what I thought but eBuddy will not a recover Cosy+ nor will it perform a firmware update from eBuddy.

The attached photo shows the message indicating that eBuddy does not recover Cosy + models…

Did you purchase this device from a distributor? That serial number is not coming up in our system.

Kyle,

No, the device was given to me directly from HMS for participating in the evaluation of the new Cosy +.

It looks like the problem may be due to the fact that it was an eval device and didn’t have a valid serial number for eBuddy. Have you created a case in our support portal (support.hms-networks.com)?

We will have to close this thread and then escalate this case through our ticketing system in order to find a solution for this.

Kyle,

Thank you for the assistance.

I am shipping my unit directly to Brian for evaluation.

Thanks for the update. Let us know if you have any other questions.