eWon eCatcher Mobile App on New Mac

Any update on this? One of your eWon partners is dependent on the eWon to provide the service we subscribed to. Without Mac support, their service is of no use.

Incidentally, There doesn’t appear to be a way to sign up for the eWon eCatcher service on Mac, iPad nor iPhone. Without the ability to register an account, how does one ever log in?

I have reached out to them again for an update on this. I would expect this fix to be implemented in the next version of eCatcher mobile, but I want to confirm that.

At this time, to create an account, you still need to use eCatcher on Windows. I can check to see if there are plans to change this.

Are you telling me that this business does not have access to a Windows PC? I don’t think I’ve ever seen an industrial type business that operates without using Windows! Unfortunately, we have found that there is very little demand for eCatcher on Mac and I’m yet to find a PLC software that runs on Mac.

Ha ha ha… No sir. I am not telling you we do not have “access” to a Windows PC. I am telling you we do not manage any of our IT/OT Network Equipment/Devices from a Windows PC. It is all done from Apple and Linux. It seems quite counter-intuitive to be forced to a Windows PC, simply to sign up for a service that’ll never be used on a Windows PC.

Also, IXON supports Apple, Linux and Windows equally. So if eWon’s competition is willing to do it, maybe eWon should be thinking about it.

I understand the concern and I have wanted a Linux version for a long time, but I am not a developer, I can only pass this along and hope they will invest in it. They need to see a market demand for the investment to make financial sense, and up until now, 99.99% of our customers were using Windows. We have had customer’s looking for Linux compatibility in the past, but up until now, I’ve only seen Apple used to run Windows VMs, so I’m glad you’ve brought this to our attention.

Hi @kyle_HMS, I came here since we also have a strong interest in supporting a Mac version. I still also get the initial error message of “this device” having been “jailbroken”. I also kindly ask you to remove the “resolved” tag since it hasn’t been resolved. Can you please push for a resolution? If the iPad version would work on an M1 it would also relieve some pressure of you to deliver a macOS edition.

Thanks!

1 Like