Ewon Flexy 20x - Firmware for v13

Hi team.

Currently working with an Ewon Flexy 20x and we are unable to upgrade it to the latest firmware. I read somewhere else on this forum that from v12 I will need to do incremental updates to 13, then to 14, etc. However it doesn’t look like anything older than 14.0 s2 is hosted on the download page:

https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/firmware/firmware-manual-download

We tried online update via Ebuddy however it fails to get blob when selecting 13.0 *.

We also tried via FTP but the adm account isn’t able to copy over or overwrite the ewonfwr.ebu file.

Would it be possible to get a link to the v 13 firmware? I’m a little confused as to why this would no longer be hosted by the official downloads page and the legacy downloads page on ewon.biz.

Thanks.

Hi,
With the firmware being older then v13 I would suggest just doing a recovery instead of the pivot upgrades. they way you can go directly to the newest firmware.

No go for any of the attached. It still tries to download via the tool instead of grabbing the firmware files found in C:\Program Files (x86)\eBuddy\Firmware. Does not detect the SD card as well when plugged into the unit.

Create a backup using eBuddy and do a factory reset on your flexy. Then connect a switch between LAN port 1 and your computer to perform a recovery.

The file should be named eR14_5s1_arm_ma.ebu in your firmware folder for eBuddy. If your not able to add the file or do not see it there you are likely having a permissions issue on your computer.

You will not use and SD card for this setup. If you have firmware older then 13 chances are your Ewon does not support using the SD card for the firmware process.

So tried as many combinations as possible, it seems to be the case that only the firmware 14.4 s0 was accepted by eBuddy as a valid one to update to via recovery.