eWON Flexy is restarting each five seconds

Hello,

The eWON is on a private IP at a wind farm.
It is not even responding to a ping, even without our application on it (a blank factory fresh ewon).
On a public IP it works well.
Do you believe the private IP is part of the issue?
In attachment you can find the events logs.

Can you please help me with that.

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

The logs are showing WAN/LAN IP conflict which would cause the device to be offline in eCatcher or not route. Is the device rebooting locally or just going offline in eCatcher?

Can you please provide a backup (inlcuding support files) so that I may look at the logs?

Hi Joe,

I’ve already asked the client to send us the back up.
Can the private IP problem cause that situation?

Thank you.

Denis

@denis_kaliberov

If the LAN and WAN IP are conflicting then the device will not be able to reach the internet.
The LAN and WAN interfaces need to be in a different subnet.

With a backup, I can see the WAN/LAN IP and subnet masks to determine if there’s a conflict.
Do you know the current WAN IP and LAN IP? This is not about the address being private just conflicting.

HI,

Please see this folder for the backups:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvUt_eHTtc4h9Tubs80Oly1qY7gl

Denis

@denis_kaliberov

After looking through your backup, I can confirm that there’s no IP conflict.
I do see a watchdog occurring which reboots your device. I believe this watchdog is occurring due to your script constantly working.

The current script is parsing time every 5 seconds and checking the date to see if it should send an email.

To resolve this, I would try disabling the script temporarily and try refactoring it to use the ONDATE command instead.

It appears from the script that you want to send data every 17th minute, MON through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and midnight? I may be wrong on this as it seems obscure so let me know if I misunderstood.

To do this, you could use the following script:

**InitSection**
ONDATE 1, "17 8-23 * * 1-5", "goto GetTime"

**UserSection**
GetTime:
SENDMAIL "test@test.com", "", "email subject", "email contents"

I use the site the following site to help configure the cron time in the ONDATE command: https://crontab.guru/examples.html

Client here. I think there’s two separate issues right now- the rebooting issue, and trouble establishing the VPN.

About the rebooting- I disabled the script entirely, and that didn’t solve the issue. The script was in a strange pattern because of how it was left after testing. I’m still unsure of what causes the watchdog reboot, but for now I think I should leave and come back to this issue. So, when using a factory-reset eWON:

I also can’t establish the VPN. I can successfully get an internet connection, and then when I try the Talk2M wizard it fails trying to establish the connection. It forces itself to TCP, the ‘HTTP direct connection’ step succeeds as well as the ‘Read Talk2M config’ step, then it fails trying to establish the VPN.

Do you have any suggestions for what needs to be done on the network side to get this working?

@rileydoering

If all the steps in the Talk2M wizard are passing but fails to create a VPN tunnel on the last step then openVPN as a service is restricted on the network firewall. You’ll need to ensure the network allows an outbound openVPN tunnel on TCP port 443. General traffic seems to be allowed for TCP port 443 but openVPN does not appear allowed.

In your logs, you can see the termination signal the eWON is receiving, ‘SIGTERM’.

Ok, I’ll take that back to the network admin. I wasn’t sure whether the ‘SIGTERM’ signal was from them or from the eWON server.

As to the reboot issue- one of the error codes that kept coming up was 20314- a watchdog in the ewon web server. I also noticed that when I do the eBuddy restore from my old (working) copy of this code, an error message comes up telling me some files failed to transfer. Moving the files to the ewon directly with FTP mostly works also, except a few image files that fail to transfer (in the /usr/ directory). Things seem to work for a while if I transfer the UI code over with the built-in viewON export function, though. I’m wondering if there’s something I need to dig into on the webserver side as the root cause of the reboot, is there anything you could think to recommend starting with there?

@rileydoering

It could be the webserver is timing out. One parameter you could try changing is HTTP_REQTO. If you change this parameter to a value of 150 then it will give your more time, 300 seconds (5 mins) before the watchdog will occur.

Parameter location: System Setup / Storage / Tabular Edition / Edit System Config
Once you change this value, click save and reboot your device.

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/code-error/20314-reboot-reason-watchdog-process-http

@rileydoering

Has this issue been resolved or has there been any updates on this issue?

The issue was resolved. I believe the issue was with the restore function in eBuddy failing to load some of the UI elements (there were a couple .svg files that didn’t transfer when restoring through eBuddy). I instead had to push the config and comcfg files through FTP and then load the UI from the viewOn export function, which ended up working correctly.
The site network couldn’t allow openVPN, so we had a workaround with the LAN side of the eWON and a permanent VPN to a server with remote access.

1 Like