Ewon Flexy missing timestamps

I have datalogging set to 5 minute intervals but it keeps missing some logs. Sometimes they are all there, other times I can be missing up to 5 logs (not in a row) a day. I see a bunch of errors in the log but i don’t know what they are. I am attaching a backup for you to have a look at.MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (778.5 KB)

Hi There,

Looking at the logs, all your tags seem to be in good condition. However, I have noticed that your ewon is loosing internet connection somewhat constantly and it could be your service provider signal (the signal strength is at a 12/31 from the backup, and it should be at least 16 or 18/31).

So I believe that some of the data don’t get sent out because the ewon is loosing signal when sending the data.

Is it possible to move the position of the ewon? To maybe improve the signal strength?

Thanks,
Juliana

That makes sense for the data in datamailbox but what about the data in the ewon itself. Am I not getting them because of reboots?

image001.png

Hi @Lonny,

If you are missing data logging from the ewon itself then, it could be a memory issue where your ewon is reaching its memory limits, and then the data is circularizing. That’s why sometimes you see all the data, and some other days they are missing.

These other posts will help you understand why is the ewon behaving this way and how you can mitigate the issue:
Flexy storage room - Ewon Support / Ewon Flexy - hms.how (hms-networks.com)

Missing Historical Values - Ewon Support / Ewon Flexy - hms.how (hms-networks.com)

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
Juliana

That is not the case at all. There are random logs that are missing. For example, yesterday there are 2 missing timestamps both the n data mailbox and the ewon itself. I have this same setup on several flexys but this one misses data almost daily.

Regards,

Lonny Demers

Instrumentation and Controls Technician

Clearford Water Systems Inc.

Hi Lonny,

My coworker and I went over your case again and there are multiple factors why your ewon is loosing some data:

• I can see that you have set your datalogging to 5 minute intervals, but your device is actually trying polling it every 5 seconds.
  • everytime your ewon is loosing the WAN signal, the datalogging gets interrupted due to DNS failure and not able to reach the gateway. And when this happens, the datalogging gets backlogged everytime it resumes its connection.

I believe getting a better WAN connection will definitely improve your datalogging.
Since you have other devices with the same setup and are working fine, you could check the settings, specially the signal strength on them, and compare with this one.

Let me know how it goes.

Best,
Juliana