Ewon Flexy ViewOn WAN Access without IP Address

I have an Ewon Flexy that is setup on a WiFi WAN connection via DCHP. I want to be able to access the ViewOn webpagevia a computer on the WAN. I am able to do it by typing the IP address into a web browser. However, it if is DHCP, the IP address may change. Can I access the Ewon on the WAN side without an IP address?

Hi,
Yu can use M2Web or eCatcher to login tot eh Talk2m account and see the ViewOn page there. If you don’t want to connect to the VPN to see the page and are worried about the IP address changing I suggest to ask your IT to give the Ewon a static IP address for the WAN.

To connect to the device not using the VPN you need to use an IP address.

Thanks. I have a follow up question. What is the purpose of the “Network Name” field under the DHCP Config section of the WiFi WAN Connection. This makes it sound like it can be accessed via this name instead of an IP address.

All wifi networks have a name. It is the name that your wifi router broadcast for connection and what your Ewon is connecting to for internet access.

Not the Network Name under the Network Selection, but the Network Name under the DHCP Config. See attached image.

Hello. I am wondering if there is an update on this? In doing some additional searching it looks like there was a similar post regarding this issue in 2018, however, it doesn’t give the resolution.

The DHCP Config setting a name you can see for device connected to the gateway and does not help with what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to use a Hostname to access the viewon page then you will need a local DNS server on your network and setup your router to use it as the networks default DNS.