eWon Half Working

Hey Guys,

We’ve got a weird situation. Here is the setup:
-display: showing numbers, graph: graphed on Cartesian plane
-Multiple VFDs connected to a single ewon, all communicating Modbus with IP addresses
-Some of the tags from VFDs are graphed using ViewOn, some are displayed using ViewOn. The graphed tags are different from the displayed tags.
-This setup has been running for quite some time

For some reason, the graphing portion of the eWon seems to be working just fine, but the actual tags that are to be graphed do not show up in the View Tags tab. Even using FTP I can’t see the tags that are currently being graphed. The tags that I do see, the ones dedicated to the displayed area of the viewOn are all zero and they come up as “no communication” on the View Tags tab. The emailing feature and other things seem to be still working…
I’ve checked the communication parameters, and they should be fine. We are using the direct addressing feature of Modbus,SlaveAddress,IPAddress, assigned to a topic that only specifies when to poll. I’ve also tried rebooting…

Let me know your thoughts.

EDIT The working tags are coming from a connected PLC, but that still doesn’t explain why they aren’t showing up on the flexy, but are showing up on the graph. We will try resetting the VFD’s as it may be a problem with them shutting out Modbus Comms.

@nickTriPhase1

We definitely have some communication issues to your devices based on those errors. Do you have a backup or perhaps a
login you could PM me?

The issue on this thread is because there was an errant tag on a hidden tag page.

On the ViewIO page you may be seeing only a portion of tags. To see them all you can click:

Then select all from the dropdown. In this scenario one bad tag was spoiling the bunch.

1 Like