Ewon serial number conflict

Hello,

Something really strange has happened to two of my Ewons and I am wondering how it is possible. Basically, it seems like there are two Ewons registered with the same serial number. The symptoms are as follows:

1. When I log into m2web, the VNC shows a different HMI screen than the one I get when connecting using eCatcher. There is only one HMI connected to the Ewon (no LAN IP conflicts).
  2. When I log into the Ewon using eCatcher, it keeps on going online/ offline, each time showing me a different Ewon essentially. I will be looing at one HMI screen, then lose connection, and then see another HMI screen.
  3. I found this in the logs of an Ewon that has been offline for a while and is the one in conflict with the Ewon at hand -

/9/21 11:24:11 PM INFO: DEV365003:Serial number of this eWON[AAAAA] was cleared during registration for eWON: BBBBB

Any idea how this can be? In essence, connecting to one Ewon in eCatcher gives me access to two different Ewons located in different states.

Yoni

Hi Yoni,

I’ve seen this happen before if you restore the backup of another device to a new one. It should fix the serial number conflict if you rerun the talk2m/vpn wizard. Can you try rerunning that wizard and let me know if that works?

-Tim