EWON_TAG_AUTOTYPE and EWON_TAG_NON_AUTOTYPE

Hi Team,
can you please help me to explain what the meaning of this AUTOTYPE and NON_AUTOTYPE is?
I searched everywhere and found nothing.

Thanks

Is that what you’re talking about?

If that’s the case, this means that it will automatically try to determine what the tag type would be. So as an example, if you’re reading a boolean, the Flexy will try and read this value as a boolean

-Tim

Yeah thks, and if i want that the Type of my Tags on ewon to be just “Boolean” and “Float” and make all the others Tags automaticaly “Float”.

Do you know i can do that?

Thks for your answer

If you’re creating the tags manually then you can just set them to either boolean, float or automatic and check if the correct value is being read after setting it to automatic.

If you’re doing this through the var_lst, you need to make sure this parameter matches the correct value for boolean, float, or auto.

tag parameters.pdf (107.3 KB)

Thks Tim for your Answer.

When i add a new INTEGER Tag in EWON, starte the program that i have,
the INTEGER Tag go automatically to a Float Tag and i already have looked in my program and the problem is not coming from there.

Can you please tell me if it’s coming from Ewon?
Thank you

So you’re saying that when you add a new tag and set it to be an integer during that initial setup, it immediately goes back to a float? I’ve seen something like this happen when existing tags are modified, but I haven’t seen that happen with new tags. Can I try and take a look at this over TeamViewer when you’re available?

-Tim