Failed to connect to Talk2M. - Can't log in to eCatcher

My customer updated to the latest version of eCatcher and they can’t log in. The error they get is:

Failed to connect to Talk2M
Please check your internet connection.
Do you connect to the internet through a proxy?
You may want to review your connection settings.

His system log is attached. I asked if he’s using a proxy, waiting to hear back

image001%20(1)

systemLogs-20181102T135210.zip (108.9 KB)

Hi Tom,

Are you able to get your eWON device to connect to the internet without any issue

-Tim

Tim,

I don’t understand your reply. The customer does not have an eWON device in front of them, they want to log in to a remote device.

My customer is having problems logging in to eCatcher. They could log in but couldn’t connect to a remote eWON, so they updated to the latest version of ecatcher and now are unable to log in to ecatcher.

They did run the Talk2M connection checker. This was the result:

image001%20(2)

Hi Tom,

I was trying to see if the device was just having an issue connecting to Talk2M or if it was an issue connecting to the WAN in general.

If the device is showing up online in eCatcher:

• See if you’re able to connect to the device without any issues.
  • Try having the customer connect to the device by using a different network such as a hot spot, or something that doesn’t have any restrictions.

If the device is not showing up online in eCatcher

• Try an update the device to firmware 13.0 through eBuddy
  • Go onto the device’s webpage and go through the Internet and Talk2M connection wizards.
  • If the device is failing anything in the wizards go through this document and make sure all these ports are open

Got it.

Well like I said my customer can’t tell if their eWON unit is online because they are unable to log in to eCatcher to check on it. Also, the eWON unit is not in the same building as my customer.

Anything of note in the log file I attached? Does the failed line in the Connection Checker mean anything here?

Any other suggestions? I asked them to uninstall eCatcher, delete the TAP adapter, and reinstall eCatcher and he still can’t log in.

Hi Tom,

Normally, users get that message if something on their network or on their PC is blocking the connection to Talk2M. Does the user require a proxy server to reach the internet on their network? When they reinstalled eCatcher, they may have lost saved proxy server information. From the system log you sent, it looks like eCatcher is failing when it tries to reach client.api.talk2m.com. If their IT department added exceptions to their firewall rules to allow outbound 443 communication to other *.talk2m.com domains, they may need to add that one as well.

The customer tells me that he does not have a proxy on his network. I will double check with him just in case though.

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to see if this is still an issue before I close this case

-Tim