Failed to read tag value

Is there anyway to find out what tags are not reading in viewon when I get this error in the upper right hand corner? “failed to read tag value”
Would it be in any of the ewon status files?

Hello,

You will need to log in to the Flexy unit to verify which tag values are in error.

None of the tags are in error in the flexy table. I think the viewon software is referencing a tag that no longer exists in the flexy.

Hello Bryan,

Is this showing up on a ViewON project or M2Web?

It is showing up on the running viewon project.

I would check your ViewON project then. There could be an issue in the coding of the webpage that is referencing a tag that is no longer present on the Flexy.

That’s what me original question was asking… is there anyway in the viewon software or flexy logs that will show me the tags that the viewon can not see?

No, You will neew to use the ViewON software to review the code. You will need to obtain the project files and go through which the coding for the symbols and webpage to find the Tag that is no longer listed in the flexy.

Have you had a chance to review the ViewON project?

Not really, the project is enormous (500+ tags). with javascripts running in the page headers. I’m not sure how to see what tags viewon is struggling with. I wish I could get a printout or summary of the tags being used in viewon.

Unfortunately, the Tags are embedded within the programming itself. So you will need to find the data that is missing, and check the code for that symbol within the ViewON project

I wanted to close the loop on this thread. I had a javascript section running at 500ms and minimum viewon software update rate is 1000ms. There seemed to be an issue with this arrangement. So I increased my javascript section interval rate to 1000ms and have not seen the problem. The reason I had the rate at 500ms is that I was using the script to hide dropdown boxes. so now when the viewon page loads you can see all the boxes for 1 second then they all disappear. I would like the javascript to load quicker or on page load but I can not figure out how to do this.

Second, I created some python software to extract all the tags from a viewon package. I was then able to compare the viewon tags to the ewon tag export and verify all the tags were present. so if anybody else is having trouble with tag conflicts in viewon, message me and I can help you out.