Failed: VPN connection timeout

Hi, I have a Flexy 205 which was working fine, but I wanted to copy the program over from another Flexy 205. I used ebuddy to backup the second flexy, then used that file to restore it to the first one. Since then, I haven’t been able to get the VPN wizard to work, and always get the same VPN connection fault. Any ideas?

Dom

image|690x303

Hi @domash,

Are both of these Flexys at the same location? If not when a Flexy fails that part of the wizard it’s usually because a firewall is blocking OpenVPN on the network.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes they are, but they connect using 4G cards so should that be a problem?

Dom

Oh that’s strange, I don’t think that should still be a problem. If you try and setup the internet and VPN wizard on the device without using a backup does that still seem to cause issues?

Yeah, I’ve tried a few times but can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve even tried doing a factory reset but the reset button doesn’t seem to do anything - its a brand new unit but I’ve found in the past on other ones the button is a bit rubbish.

If you push down the reset button does the BI1 LED turn on? If it does the reset button should be working. You just need to turn the device off, hold down the reset button, and turn the device back on while the reset button is held down. Then after 10 seconds, the USR LED should turn orange as part of the normal boot sequence. After 30 seconds, it should have the USR start blinking red and then turn solid red and that means a full factory reset has gone through. You just need to reboot the device after this is done and it should be back to default. Could you also send me a backup.tar file of the device with support files included so I can take a look at the issues with the modem card?

Hi Tim,

No BI1 doesn’t light up, unfortunately its not the first one that doesn’t do it! I’ve swapped it out for a working one now and will try and update the firmware to see if that helps

can you send me a backup.tar file of the device from eBuddy with the support files included? I want to check if there’s an issue with the modem firmware

Hi Tim, sorry yes of course, see attachedMOVED TO STAFF NOTE (23 KB)

Hi @domash,

It looks like this backup doesn’t include the support files for me to debug, can check ebuddy again and make sure you have this checked off

-Tim

Whoops sorry. I’ve since used ebuddy to change the IP address, it failed and I now can’t see it on ebuddy even after connecting to it directly and refreshing! Argh! So unfortunately can’t get the support files…any suggestions?

Are any of LEDs on the ports responding or does the device respond to pings? Also is the USR LED doing anything?

Hi Tim, no unfortunately i can’t ping it and there are no LEDs lit up on the ports. The USR LED is solid red

Can you try and remove all of the extension cards, and ethernet cables from the device and see if the USR LED is still solid red after a reboot? Also just to clarify, is the USR LED orange or red

Hi Tim, strange you have just messaged, I’ve just managed to sort it! It turns out the reset button was stuck in the on position, I’ve released it and its all working. Thank you for your help. Sorry to sound like a broken record but the reset buttons are the only thing on these that let them down!!

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it’s working now!