Festo SFC-DC-VC-3-E-HO-CO

Hi,
I’m working on a project using a AB7300.

I have downloaded the EDS files from Festo by this link: https://www.festo.com/net/nl_nl/supportportal/Downloads/9440/9251/EDS_SFC_DC_CO.exe

I’m using the FHPP version and have imported this into the Anybus Configuration Manager - CANopen.

My setup looks like this:

When I want to do the Mapping i got this error’s.

I need to know how to fix this problem.

Kind Regards

Are you sure this is the right EDS file? Why is it an .exe?

I went ahead and downloaded the exe and uzipped it to look at the EDS file. I was able to map them and was getting the errors like those at first but if you finish, they will disappear:

Hi Kyle,

I tried out your suggestion and it seems good. But when I do the IO mapping I download to the anybus by the Anybus Configuration Manager. Then I want to upload from the device to insure that all works okay but.

Then all the mapping from Node 1 anybus to the festo on Node is gone.

Downloaded this configuration:

After upload I get this.

In the text box in the button of the screen I get this message:

Any suggestions to what is wrong ?

Med Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards

Seems like an issue with the CANbus. Are you using the USB-to-CAN adapter? Which model?

Have you tried using CanAnalyser? Are there any errors?

Hi Kyle,

Our project schedule are being pressed by these problems. So we are eager to get a solution or get an overview of how long we should expect this problem would last.

We have expected this to be more less plug and play.

Who should i contact to get onsite support ?

Kind Regards

HMS.how is not the “formal” support channel. You should contact your local HMS office by phone or open a ticket at mysupport.hms.se since you are in the EU.

By the way, have you viewed the video on the product page?

46 (0) 35 17 29 00

Hi Kyle,

Yes have watched the video. But when i configure the setup like in the video the Ethercat bus cashes.

I’m using the IXXAT USB-To-Can V2 Professional. One thing I notice with this have to CAN terminals CAN 1 and CAN 2. So i thought that i could get in between the two nodes with this but did not seems like the case.

The bus cable have a terminate resistor at 120 ohm in each end.

I don’t believe the CAN bus to fail course. It is always the mapped part for the transmitter that are missing when I upload. (So the mapping from AnyBus gateway to the Festo Motor controller that disappears. When i Upload from the system.)

Plus I get the data from the Festo to the Anybus though my ethercat bus to my Robot. But I can’t send data though Anybus from the Robot to the Festo. So i believe the module erases the configuration for transmitting data by some unknown reason.

No errors are shown when download to the AnyBus thought the Anybus Configuration Manager.

Kind Regards

Thanks Kyle

I have send in a request.

OK good. They should be able to help you soon. I know it is late in the day over there, so if you don’t hear from someone today you should hear back tomorrow morning.

Topic closed due to inactivity.