Finding Unknown LAN Network IP's on Remote Network Via the Cosy

I have frequent situations when remotely flashing PLC firmware over a network will clear the static IP addresses on the PLC and assign a random ip address. Is there anyway to scan the LAN network of the Cosy and see what IP addresses/devices are showing up?

I am able to accomplish this via the Netbiter and the program called Wireshark. Wireshark will scan the tap adapter network and see the new IP of the PLC. I then can change my connection IP to the same network of the PLC and re-configure the PLC. When I tried to do this with the Cosy Wireshark only saw the external ip of the Cosy and I am not able to detect any of the LAN devices known or unknown.

@Scott-Cryobuilt

I frequently use a 3rd party tool called Angry IP Scanner to locate addresses behind the eWON.
It is important to note however that this will only scan a specific subnet as you define it.

So say for example you enter 192.168.1.0/24 as the network to scan, in order to be located your device must be within 192.168.1.0-.255. .

Live Example:

• I know my eWON LAN network is 192.168.120.X
  • I do not know the LAN IP of the LAN devices

1. Open Angry IP Scanner

2. Set the IP Range to 192.168.120.0 (in my case) and set the netmask to /24

angryip

1. Press Start

2. The scan will begin running. It may take a few moments.

3. Upon completion you will see a list of all active nodes that could be found.

Scan Complete Dialog:

scancomplete

Found Nodes:

foundnodes

Angry IP Scanner: Download

1 Like

Awesome, I forgot about Angry IP Scanner. This takes a little bit of time but it was successful at locating my device!
Thank you!