Flexy 201 Talk2M Configuration Lost

We have had at least 3 instances where a Flexy 201 has lost its Talk2M configuration and we have had to go onsite to connect to the Flexy reconfigure. I am referring to 3 different Flexys. Not sure if there is a solution for this but wanted to get your thoughts.

Hello @rta1953,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your ewon. Can you please give us more details on what circumstances this behavior occurs? Did the devices lose power prior to losing their configurations, for example?
Can you please send us the backup with support files for each device?

Thanks in advance,
Juliana

Can’t really give any details as to the circumstances of the loss of configuration. Don’t think it was related to a power loss. I have attached backup file for the latest unit that had the issue.

Randy

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (214.5 KB)

I have not received any kind of response about this issue after sending the backup file. Did you see anything in the backup file? This Flexy has gone offline again. Has been offline for about 2 weeks.

Hello There,

Apologies for the late response. Your backup logs show that your device is having “VPN connection timeout” and “unable to resolve host name” errors. They indicate that the Ewon is not able to get a real IP from the host because it can’t reach the DNS, or it is momentarily losing internet access.

I have seen this issue happen before with older firmware versions, but the device wouldn’t lose all the configurations, just the Talk2M key. Updating the firmware seems to be the solutions for this.

I noticed that your device’s firmware is outdated (v14.3), I recommend updating it to the latest version (v14.6s0) through eBuddy, and letting it run for a couple days to see if the behavior repeats.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks in advance,
Juliana