FLEXY 205 BACNET MULTI-STATE VALUE

Hi,
I’m having an issue with my flexy 205 talking to a hvac unit using Bacnet/ip.
I can read/write the AI,AO,AV - BI,BO,BV values but MV (Multi-State_Values) don’t existe when creating a TAG in the Flexy… I have INTEGER_VALUE choice that I tried but doesn’t work.
The HVAC tech gave me the exchange table and I need acces to those values.
I’m I missing something ?
Thank-you

Hi @MW24,

It looks like only the following objects are supported by the Flexy:

Notably absent is MULTI_STATE_VALUE (19).

Can you please create a case at https://support.hms-networks.com so that we can escalate this to the Ewon developers to find out how they suggest we handle it.

Also, in what way are you using the Flexy? Are you exporting the data or sending it to another network? If the Flexy ends up not being able to handle it, we may have another option depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Hi @kyle_HMS ,
Yes exactly. I will create the case yes.

I’m using it as a gateway between my AB PLC and the HVAC. Basically, I need to control the unit from my FTVIEW SCADA.

Thanks,

OK, we can check with Ewon to see if there is a way to do this, but if not, we have Intesis BACnet gateways that might work better: BACnet Gateways | BACnet Protocol | Intesis

I did buy the intesis gateway first, but for bacnet to ethernet/ip the gateway is only available as a server on the bacnet network. I would of need it as a client. I talked with the HVAC unit programmer and he transfered me some objects from the MultiState_Values to BINARY_VALUES. so for now at least I can work. But I look forward on what the devloppers will say for the MULTISTATE_VALUES.

Thankyou Kyle

Yes, that is correct regarding the Ethernet/IP Intesis gateway, but if it was possible to use Modbus TCP, you could use the IN7004851000000. It sounds like you need to use Ethernet/IP though.

Will we let you know when we hear back from the Ewon developers regarding the Flexy.