Flexy 205 can't connect to any LAN devices after upgrade to 14.5s0 fw

I upgraded to latest firmware 14.5s0 right before Christmas holiday, and today I come in to office and am finding I cannot connect to any of my LAN devices once connected to the VPN. In fact, I found the VPN was disabled and the Modem internetconnection was disabled! I enabled them, and now I can connect by VPN, but still cannot ping or see, much less connect, to any other devices on LAN. Except for the eWon Flexy 205, that IP I can reach but thats it. I’ve tried multiple devices, laptop/mobile, same thing.

I honestly don’t know where to start, short of resetting eWon to firmware 14.4 (which would take a factory reset anyway), and start over. The latest fw seems to be trigger, although maybe the log4j vulnerability fixes have caused this? I am hoping you may have some ideas to check. I can take a eWon backup if needed and send.

I tried eWon Talk2M Connection Checker and it gave me an error
(see log attached): ERROR|ConnectionChecker.TestRunner|Invalid value element: <#cdata-section>

What does this error mean?

Hello howitzer,
The connection checker seemed to have errored out from an invalid username/password. I don’t think it is related to your ewons issues.

Can you share a backup of the ewon taken using eBuddy with support files for us to review? If I under stand you correctly the ewon is online and you can still remote in via ecatcher correct?

Maybe I mistyped the pwd field in my Talk2M connection checker, not sure.

Anyway after a lot of digging through the ewon GUI support, I found that the firmware upgrade caused some fields to be reset to some other value than what it had been. I’ve never seen this happen before. Nor did I change any of them.
Under Setup->Networking->Internet Connection->Main Setup, it changed the Network connection from Modem Connection to None.
Under Setup->Networking->VPN Connection, it changed the VPN Use Conditions to Disable VPN.
Under Setup->Networking->Routing, it changed the Apply NAT and TF to connection from Nat on Lan (Plug’n Route) to None.
Once I fixed this all, the modem kept cycling to Soft Reset, then going through its diagnostics, setting up, etc. then it would briefly connect to AT&T, following which the entire box became unresponsive for 5-10 seconds, after which the modem returned to soft reset and it repeated ad nauseum. So I reset the internet connection back to None, and let it sit for 30 minutes. Found the 4G modem connected to AT&T ok, and changed the internet connection back to Modem, and now it all works. For how long? Idk.

Really strange. I can still do a backup dump if needed, even though its all working again.

Im not sure what would have changed those settings. It seems similar to theVPN settings being reset and the talk2m wizard not being run. Most of those settings are set when the VPN is completed.

If it is working fine you should be all set but you might want to run the VPN wizard to make sure something was not over looked.

It is all working again. It just was randomly reverting back to the settings I did not want. I made sure I clicked the Update button too. Strange, for sure.

Great! Thanks for the update.