Flexy 205 Vs Micrologix 1200/1500 using 1761-NET-ENI

Hi,
For an old project, initially using Micrologix 1200 & Micrologix 1500 on DH-485 network, a 1761-NET-ENI has been installed for each PLC to convert the network from DH-485 to Ethernet/IP. Locally, everything works fine. Recently, we installed a Flexy 205 to be able to acess the network remotely and manage alarms notifications. The Flexy 205 iw working fine, I can connect remotely, all PLC will respond to the ping command but from RSLinx, only the Micrologix 1200 is available, so I can go online on this PLC, none of the Micrologix 1500 is available. Is something related to the Micrologix 1500 configuration, 1761-NET-ENI configuration or Flexy 205 configuration ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi @PhilippeLeroux,

If they’re all responding to pings, then I think you should be fine being able to reach them over RSLinx. Have you tried manually adding the IP address of the device that doesn’t seem to be working and then check if you can get to it through RSLinx?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes I do specify the IP addresses in my RSLinx driver, the same I use when I’m on site:

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

image002.png

image006.jpg

Could I try and take a look at this with you over TeamViewer?

It seems strange to me that the .203 seems to be reachable but the others are not

-Tim

Sure

Hi Philippe,

Can you let me know if you find out what that error code meant in RSLinx?

-TIm

OK, sorry about this, whenever you are ready and available, same ID, same password.

image003.png

Hi Tim,

Here is what I found:

image001.png

Hi Tim,

Does it help ?

image002.png

image001.png

image004.jpg

image004.jpg

Hi Phillippe,

I’m reaching out to my colleage in Belgium on the dev team to see if he can give me any additional info on this.

So far I’m not quite sure why we’re able to see some devices and not the others.

-Tim

Good morning Tim,

Any feedback from Belgium ?

image001.png

Thanks for your help

image002.png

image004.jpg

Could you draw us a diagram of the LAN network setup and how everything is connected? Also it might be worth trying to have the .201 or .202 device connect directly to one of the ports on the Ewon to see if that makes a difference.

Tim,

It makes sense, I’ll go on site early next week and I’ll come back to you with the information as soon as possible.

Once again, thanks for your help.

image002.png

image004.jpg

Hi Philippe,

I’ll keep an eye out for your reply next week and see what we can find out about these connection issues.

-Tim

Hello Tim,

I’m currently on site and it seems the issues was related to 1761-NET_ENI as once I rebooted each devices, they are now available from eCatcher, which is great !!

Having that said, adding the eWon to this project was first, to get remote access, but also to be able to send alarms notifications when required. Looking at the documentation and video to create alarms from PLC tags, I’m afraid I’ll have an issue as we don’t have any tagname from RSLogix 500 & Micrologix 1200/1500, but tags registers. As example, how can I create and read the tag “N7:1” from the PLC Micrologix 1500 at 192.168.1.201, and send an alarm notification when “N7:1 = 1” ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

image002.png

image002.jpg

Hi Philippe,

If you create the DF1 tag with the address N7:1, I believe that should work. Have you taken a look at the examples for setting up the addresses?

If it doesn’t let you add the tag, you can add it through the var_lst.txt file and that should work. (see ticket below for more info)

As for sending out emails, here’s a guide I made that goes over that

Sending Emails with a Flexy.docx (433.3 KB)

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I finally figured it out by the end of the day yesterday, everything is now up and running !

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

image002.png

image002.jpg

1 Like

Glad to hear that the device is up and running