Flexy 205 WAN FallBack

Hi, modifying a Flexy 205 setup. Original setup on GSM. Now want to connect on WAN port. Have done this successfully. However, a 4G card is still connected so want to use this as the FallBack. Using the wizards and testing seems to be okay. WAN on ethernet works. Disconnect ethernet and 4G card does not take over. On ‘SUMMARY’ page the Fallback shows ‘Disabled’. Is there a long timeout before the secondary takes over?

Hi @yec,

Here are the fallback settings in comcfg.txt (Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg):

Make sure WANFbckCnx is set to 1.

How are you testing the disconnection? If you’re having trouble, I would recommend testing the GSM connection as primary again to make sure it’s configured right.

Continuing the discussion from Flexy 205 WAN FallBack:

WANFbckCnx was’0’ - now ‘1’ and when ethernet WAN disconnected, the SUMMARY page on the web page shows ‘Fallback’ now ENABLED😁. The GSM not connecting yet so will do as you recommend and set up for GSM again etc. I presume you simply text a ‘wakeup’ and it should connect on GSM?

ALSO, have reconnected Ethernet WAN and it does not AUTOMATICALLY reconnect - the Fallback is staying ‘enabled’?

No, please don’t use the SMS wakeup. That will only work if your SIM has a phone number and SMS capability is enabled by your carrier. You should always use Maintain Connection:

If you were using triggered, that’s probably why it didn’t work. With 4G there is almost no reason to use to triggered.

Please test the GSM, then reconfigure the Fallback settings and try again. Let me know if it works or not.

Hi, just could not get anything working reliably. Decided to upgrade firmware from 14.1 then start again.
All working now except…So from power up the WAN does connect on ethernet. Disconnecting ethernet does cause the Modem to connect - all good. BUT, when ethernet is connected back to the WAN port the GSM is still the connection the Ewon uses when a connection is requested. Just leaving it for an hour now to see if ethernet WAN takes over. No program trying to connect to Ewon-GSM still showing live and connected after 15mins.

All working thanks​:grin::grin::+1: