Flexy counter problem

Hello,

The problem I am having is my current setup… the counter counts… but is I compare it to machine counter… I am at a lesser value… if the machine counts 100… the EWON counts about 85.

So my question, does the option card (FLX3402) have the ability to take inputs faster than the normal inputs on the EWON… we are currently signalling 50 times per minute.

Below you can find a link to my Flexy back up.

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

The Digital Input sampling rate should be up to 10 hz or 10 times per second for the Digital inputs.

50 times per minute is quite slow.

If you time out a minute, does the eWON show a value of 50?
I would ensure that the off and on state criteria is being met as well.

edit - confirmed digital input sampling rate is at max 10 hz.

1 Like

Hello,

Our client checked that the off and on state criteria is being met as well, but he is still having that problem.

Can you please look at the Flexy back up that I uploaded before.

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

The backup you provided does not include support files so I am unable to view any logs but can see your device settings. I do not see anything incorrect with your configuration.

Would you be able to send a backup (including support files) ?

Hello Joe,

Below you can find a link to the Flexy backup (including support files).

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

Thank you for the backup.

First
Can you remove the script in the init section? I want to ensure nothing is being overwritten by your script.

Second
Next, enable logging for the counter tag and set the deadband to a value of “.1”.
Once this is set, time 1 minute and count the amount of logged values.

If you could then please let me know the amount of data points logged over a minute, and the counter value over 1 minute then I think that would be helpful here as this may be a refresh issue if the script is not the root cause of the issue.

HI Joe,

We used the CI1 as counter and it works pretty well now!

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Update:

The customer needed to use the eWON counter address for the digital input eWON tag rather than using just the digital input address. We have built-in counter tags for the digital inputs if you use the tag address CI so you do not need to use scripting in the eWON.

Page 159 of the general reference guide.
https://websupport.ewon.biz/sites/default/files/rg-001-0-en-general_reference_guide.pdf

Last thing Joe,

If customer shuts down the machine, he loses his value counts. resets to 0.

What is the best way to keep value in? Copy the result to a MEM tag and IF counter1 = 0 THEN counter1 == MEM tag?

Let me know if there is a simplier way to keep that value.

Thanks

@Jcadorette

Yes, you have the right idea. You have to ensure the mem tag is set to the RET topic so that it retains the tag value after a reboot.

Once you have this tag setup, you can use scripting to set the value of the RET tag.

Example:

Init section:
Counter1@ = mytag@ // mytag is my mem tag in this example
ONCHANGE "Counter1", "mytag@ = Counter1@"

Hi, we are trying to count pulses from a flowmeter with a 10 ms 30V pulse. The frequency should be 1 to 2 Hz max. Is this pulse width acceptable or too short for the Flexy to detect?