Flexy DO on Power Connector

On the Cosy the DO on the power connector is controlled by the Key Switch D1. What controls the DO on the power connector for the Flexy? The documentation says the same as the Cosy but when I wired it that way on the Flexy with a light, it stays on all the time.

Hello @DAppel_hms ,
What are you trying to accomplish with the DO?

The digital output is part of the ewon io server and can be set up in a tag and controlled though scripting. image

Deryck

I want to indicate VPN connection status with a Key Switch. I’ve already set up the switch and it is working. I can see the T2M light go on and off. However, like the Cosy, I want to indicate this condition via an external indicating light.

Also, how does this DO relate to the drawing and explanation of the wiring on page 25 of Flexy205 ig-0028-00?

@DAppel_hms

The eWON Flexy is different than the Cosy when it comes to Digital Outputs. The digital output on the Cosy is reliant on the VPN but in the Flexy, we can control the digital output voltage by creating an eWON boolean tag as stated by Deryck above.

Once we have a tag created, we can use scripting to enable (set it to a value of 1) the Digital output when the T2M light goes on or off. There are different ways to approach this, one way would be checking the digital input value or you could check the VPN IP directly through scripting.

A customer asked a similar question to yours, and I provided a script example located here:

Hi Don,

Joe asked me to reach out with some more details for you. The ewon uses an N-channel MOSFET with the drain is syncing power and would be the negative side of your circuit. If this is done in reverse you could see the light work the opposite from what you expect since you would be pulling power thought he MOSFET.

I found this web page to have a good explanation of how the MOSFET is being used in the Flexy. The first example shows a diagram that should be similar to how the MOSFET is being connected internally to the flexy. In the image Vdd = O+, Vout = O, 0v = O-

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit:
Here is a quick wiring diagram I have done.

1 Like