Flexy rebooting every 5 minutes

@Emmanuel234
Hi Emmanuel,

Please respond to this email or call me at 312-893-5636 if you have any other questions.

Kyle

• Checked Flexy logs, found it is rebooting every 5 minutes or so
  • There was an error for IP conflict with the PLC, he is checking with onsite to fix
  • Disabled MaxCallDur, increased timeout
  • Some of reboots had reason “not enough memory”
  • Recommended some changes to BASIC code, eliminating Time zone code and FTP code and moving “blink” code out of cyclic section

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Also Emmanuel,

Please use this tool to check if your modem needs to be updated:

http://cdn.ewon.biz/software/ewon-sib-fix-tool/EwonSIBFix.exe

Instructions:

aug-0077-00-en-sib-fix-for-4g-modem.pdf (1.2 MB)

Hi Kyle,

I’m still having issue with the eWON on site, the eWON is loosing connection and reconnecting after a few minutes

I changed the extension card but am still having the same issue. Please what are the thing I have to check.

Would you be able to help me, the GSM signal strength is about 30.

Regards,

Emmanuel

I sent you the utility and the instructions for updating the modem, which should resolve your issue:

I figure it out, it was the IDE script that’s the issue. I turned it off and I was able to have the eWON connected.

I would like to asking some questions about setting up heartbeat monitor.

Does the eWON has internal tag that could be setup/used as heart beat monitor?

If no can you provide me a guide on how to write an IDE script for the heartbeat monitor?

Regards,

Emmanuel

I would still recommend checking the modem firmware.

The Flexy supports SNMP if you are using network monitoring software. You can read a tag from a PLC or create a tag using the Flexy’s internal MEM or EWON tags. You could use an API call. How to implement a heartbeat is going to depend on what you are communicating with. Here’s an example: IDE script not working - how do I check it

Please can you provide me an example of the IDE script? I want a Heartbeat that will be blinking every 1 sec ?

Regards,

Emmanuel

There is an example in the link I posted:

I will try to test that and see if it would work for me.

I would like to upload bunch of tags. Like 120 tags to the eWON.

I have the tags created in excel spreadsheet and I was wondering if there is way I could upload them all at once on my eWON device.

Could you show me?

Regards,

Emmanuel

Here are a couple of examples where Tim explains how to do that:

Topic closed due to inactivity.