Flexy205 - Frequent Talk2M Disconnection

Dear Support,

I’m having a Flexy205 that has been working for more than a year and recently started to frequently go offline/online from Talk2M. The disconnection are happening multiple times per day and last only few minutes. May I know what could be the root cause of this disruption ? I’ve attached the events logs for your reference.

events (3).txt (149.0 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Can you attach a support backup from this device? You can download one from the web interface under Diagnostic → Files Transfer by clicking “Support files” at the top right.

Best regards,
Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Here you go, kindly find the Support Files attached to this message.
[moved to staff note]

Best regards,

Robin

There seems to be an error with this backup. Can you try capturing one using eBuddy instead? To do this, select the Ewon in eBuddy and click Backup/Restore. Make sure to check “include support files” before clicking through the rest of the dialogues.

Hi Hugh,

Apologies, not sure what went wrong with the previous backup.
Attached is the new backup capture following the method suggested.
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (199.5 KB)

Hope this one is all good.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks, that worked that time. First, it looks like the modem’s firmware is out of date. Can you update it to the latest version? You have a 4G EU Modem (FLB3204) and you can download the update from 20.00.404 to 20.00.406 on our modem firmware page, which includes install information via SD card or FTP below.

Additionally the Ewon itself is a few versions out of date, which you can fix using eBuddy by selecting the Ewon and clicking Firmware, then choosing the latest version.

Once the firmware is all updated, please power down the Ewon, unplug the extension card and plug it into a different slot (if one is available), then power it back on. Let it run for 15 minutes or so as a test and capture a new backup.

Best regards,
Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Following your recommendations, we have updated the firmware’s of both Flexy205 and 4G/LTE extension module. Unfortunately, we still observe the same frequent disconnections. Is there anything we could explore ?

I’m adding the updated “Support File”.

Robin
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (267.5 KB)