Flexy20500 loses connection (hardwired)

I have an EWON that needs to ship to a customer soon. The EWON has a hardwired internet connection. The connection keeps dropping out…sometimes randomly but usually around the 2 hour mark. Ive seen this before with wireless internet connection due to the call time but not with hardwired connection. Also once this connection breaks it does not reconnect until a power cycle. Im stumped…

Please use eBuddy to make a backup of the device and select “Include Support Files” so that we can examine the logs and settings.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (175.5 KB)

I haven’t been able to find anything definitive in this log Dan. It just appears to lose it’s route to the Talk2M server.

I would recommend the following:

1. Upgrade to firmware 14.2 using eBuddy
  2. Change VPNSrvAddrMode from ‘1’ to ‘0’ in comcfg.txt (You can access this in the settings by going to Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg and searching for the setting)
  3. Change the DNS servers to public ones, such as, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

If that doesn’t resolve the issue I would recommend checking the firewall logs to see if there is something stopping the connection. It may be a false positive for a rogue device, for example, and stop the connection until the device reconnects.