FoE Busy

Hi, I’m using the latest released firmware version 2.18 for ABCC40 EtherCAT.
From version 2.17 I’ve seen you support the FoE Busy command.
I don’t know exactly how the FoE Busy message is triggered, but I guess it’s triggered when the response to the write command isn’t provided by the host within a timeout. If it’s so, is there a way to change this timeout?
Or if it’s not how can I trigger a FoE Busy message only in certain condition (i.e. only if the writing operation is taking more than a certain time)?

Thanks

Matteo

Hi @mburlando,

I don’t have too much time available before the end of the day today, but I’ll look into this first thing Monday morning

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Have you any news about the FoE Busy question?

Thanks

Matteo

Hi Matteo,

Sorry about that, I thought I had responded to everybody that Monday, here’s what I found out:

This is not a command, it is rather a response from the FoE server in the ABCC. Our FoE server will now respond with a ‘busy’ if a previous write operation has not finished when a new one is ordered by the FoE client.

There is no fixed timeout tied to this though, a ‘busy’ will be returned for as long as the pending operation has not finished.

If you have access to the EtherCAT specs there is a small illustration on page 91 of “ETG1000_5_V1i0i4_S_R_EcatALServices.pdf” that illustrates some of this:

Hi Tim,
now I’ve understood, thank you.

Matteo

Ok thanks, let me know if you have any other questions. I’ll mark this as solved for now but you can still reply and I can reopen the case