FTP server communication failure

Hi,
I have a customer having problems with server timeouts.
He mentioned the “error_messages” are being generated with his “basic_code.”
I asked if he ever achieve a successful ping, from which he said only once then the server didn’t responded “repated FTP testing”

His dynamically changing the file that is getting sent to the server. Seems optimal considering he can avoid constantly pushing items to server and back up everything into the day’s measurements if you don’t care about instantaneous trends. Anyhow, I’ve never touched the internal syntax for the flexy’s data pushing and pulling.

Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

Much appreciated,

-----------------------------------

Hi Leandro,

Thanks for taking my call earlier. Attached are a couple screenshots of the error messages I’ve been receiving. A lot of these messages are due to me trying to force connections to other FTP servers as a test. I’ve also attached the code I’m using to upload a data file once a day. There is code that has been commented out that was also my diagnosis by checking to see if it could ping the FTP servers I was using.

Please let me know if you need any other information that could be useful here.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Leandro,

Yes, I was able to ping the server successfully, along with the other test servers I’ve tried. It can connect to it but for whatever reason, it’s timing out…
My other units are connected to the same FTP server with no issues. There have been no configuration changes that could have triggered this that I know of.

Thanks,
Jeff

-----------------------------------

Hi Leandro,

I was able to get it to upload to the FTP successfully once. No idea why it worked that one time. I’ve now got it on a 2 minute loop to see if it will upload eventually.

The TCP message was from my ping testing.

Thanks,
Jeff

Leandro Renteria | Business Developer, Automation & Controls
E.B. Horsman & Son | 19295 25th Avenue |Surrey, BC. V3Z 3X1
Mobile: 604.219.0971 | LRenteria@ebhorsman.commailto:LRenteria@ebhorsman.com | www.EBHorsman.com

[EBH-logo-for-email-March-16]

image002.png

Hi,
I have a customer having problems with server timeouts.
He mentioned the “error_messages” are being generated with his “basic_code.”
I asked if he ever achieve a successful ping, from which he said only once then the server didn’t responded “repated FTP testing”

His dynamically changing the file that is getting sent to the server. Seems optimal considering he can avoid constantly pushing items to server and back up everything into the day’s measurements if you don’t care about instantaneous trends. Anyhow, I’ve never touched the internal syntax for the flexy’s data pushing and pulling.

Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

Much appreciated,

image002.png

As a test, Can you FTP into the server manually through eCatcher?

Hi Kevin,

Can we set up a virtual meeting with the customer? I can send an invite and share desktops with goto meetings.

You’ll be able to control his desktop if needed.

Or at least a three-way call?

Regards

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

Hello,

Sure we can set a meeting to go over the issue. You can create an account at mysupport.hms.se

Topic closed due to inactivity.