Indoor Unit 1 (Assistant) Model number: AUU18RLF SN: KWA004884
Remote Controller Model Number:
Indoor Unit 2 (Director) Model Number: AUU18RLF SN: KWA004876
Remote Controller Model Number:

Ryan Lancaster
Lancaster Building Services, LLC
973-479-6879

Eric,

Ryan can read the setpoint values, but can’t read the space temperatures.

INTESIS MODEL: INMBSFGL001R000 Modbus RTU - FUJITSU AC Commercial & VRF Lines (RAC, PAC, VRF)

Is this an issue with the Remote Controller Model Number: AR-WAE1U

Regards,

Ken Smyers

Tech support information:

Email: support@hms.how

Phone: 312-893-5636

Ken (and others),

I’m not sure what the issue is here, could be a setting. I’m going to let HMS support take care of this one.

Eric W Dunn

Building Automation Sales Lead – North America

HMS Networks

Email:
erd@hms.se

Office: 312-819-2556

Mobile: 812-946-0952

www.hms-networks.com

Schedule a meeting with me here

Hello,

I will gladly assist with this issue.

Can you upload the dipswitch configuration of the Intesis Unit?

Also

Do you have a manual of the remote controller?

Kevin,

If you are replying only to me, you should be contacting the original requestor. I don’t have the manual or any info on the dipswitch settings.

All users in this ticket are recieving the notifications. I have tied all seperate responses to one ticket.

The dip-switch config on the intesis unit is as follows:

Sw1

P1 - down

P2

• down

P3

• down

P4

• down

Sw3

P1* - up

P2* - down

P3* - down

P4

• down

P5

• down

P6

• down

P7

• down

P8

• down

*unit 1 is up, down, down; unit 2 is down, up, down; unit 3 is up, up, down; unit 4 is down, down, up

Sw4

P1 - down

P2

• up

P3

• up

P4

• down (for end-of-line units) or up (for middle of line units)

I’ve attached a manual for the indoor unit; I can’t find a manual for the remote controller model number AR-WAE1U.

Thanks,

Ryan

973-479-6879

(OM)AUU9-12-18RLFCC.pdf (5.4 MB)

Thank you for the Dip SWitch configuration.

As for the remote controller, is this a wired remote controller between the the AC unit and the IntesisBox? Also, when you say space temperature, do you mean ambient temperature?

Also there any error codes in the Modbus?

Before I point at the controller, I just want to make sure that there isn’t any erroneus issues .on the Modbus.

The remote controller is a 3 wire device connected to the Indoor unit. I wired the intesis device direct to the unit- daisy chain is maintained (remote controller to indoor unit to Intesis box).

I’m able to change setpoints, fan speeds, modes, etc over modbus interface. My changes show up on the remote controller. The error code value is reading 0- I didn’t see any modbus errors- I’ll have to double check the points list and modbus error value to confirm. Is there a point for Modbus Errors? Not sure how to change dip switches to get the different error codes. I think it was good, though.

By space temperature I mean “AC unit Temperature reference”; register address (protocol address) 5.

Ryan

Where do we stand on this ticket? Looking to update the client with a solution, or resolve my issues.

Thanks,

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delay, Kevin has been out of the office for a few day. The modbus error would be on the modbus Master, Kevin is looking to verify it isn’t an issue with the modbus request. We suspect this is fine and the issue is between the AC and the box. Is the exact parameter “AC unit Temperature reference” ? I am going to check with the dev team to see if they know of any issues with this model unit and that parameter.

Regards,
Deryck

Hello,

Depending on the mode you are in the temperature value might not be available. The user manual for your AC should tell you what parameters are available in what modes for your unit.

Fan mode for some units do not give the temperature value. If you switch your units mode to AC does the value start to populate?

Deryck

Deryck-
When you say “switch your units mode to AC”, do you mean set the “AC unit Mode” register (Protocol Address 1) to 4: Cool? When I do that, I still don’t get a temperature reading on protocol address 5 / “AC unit Temperature Reference”. I’m getting the proposal addresses and descriptions from the Intesis INMBSFGL001R000 User’s Manual r2.1EN. Am I looking at the correct manual?

Also- can you confirm the SW1-P3 switch position? I have it DOWN (default), but maybe it should be UP (I don’t have a G series)?

Also- can you clarify how which switch position dictates the error code list? I’m confused by Section 7 of your manual.

Thank you,

Ryan Lancaster

Hello Ryan,

Since you dont have a G series Switch SW1 - DP3 for the inverter. Also, switch SW1-DP1 to up the position, as there is a fujitsu controller.

The error codes will change depending on if the device is a master or slave on the bus.

Deryck

Deryck-
I was finally allowed back onsite since the quarantine started. I have adjusted dip switches as suggested. I’m still not getting temperature. I did read further into the manual, though. the value I’m getting on both address 5 and address 22 is -32768. This value coincides with a note in section 4.2.3 of the manual which states:

“Register value after INMBSFGL001R000 startup is -32768, which means that no temperature reference is provided to the AC indoor unit. In that case, AC indoor unit will use its own return path temperature sensor as reference for its control loop.”

I suspect the sensor on the wall doesn’t provide temperature value, only setpoints. The control point used in determining what the unit does is inside the cassette, probably in the return air path. The only way I’m going to get space temperature (I think you call it ambient temperature) is to put in an auxiliary sensor, unless you’re aware of another Fujitsu controller / wall module that I could swap with the one I have installed.

Any other ideas for me?

Thank you,

Hello Ryan,

If I’m understanding this correctly, I’m not sure what else to suggest besides swapping out the remote for one with support for temperature. You will want to contact your distributor for help selecting a different remote with the correct support.

Deryck

Deryck-
I hit the learning curve hard- I was able to change parameter 42 late yesterday on the Fujitsu remote controller to allow use of the sensor value in lieu of the sensor in the cassette return air path. Once I switch to “thermo sensor” on the Fujitsu wall controller, I started getting valid space temperature readings via Modbus on two of the four units. The other two units have much older space sensors, with slightly different buttons. I haven’t figured out how to change the parameters on those sensors yet. It’s a slightly different application because two cassettes are piped to one outdoor unit. I’m getting comm errors now as well. I suspect it’s a compatibility issue, but I’m much happier with the operation of the Intesis unit now that I know how to change the thermo parameter. It’s taken quite some time to figure it out.

Thank you for your help.

Ryan

Glad to hear you it to read the sensor value!

Have a great week

Deryck