Fujitsu new model ARUH12LUAS compatibility?

Fujitsu has appeared to have discontinued the ARU12RGLX that work Great with the Intesis Home automation interface… the compatibility tool doesnt show the new ‘H’ series as compatible… is this something in the works? or works but hasnt been noticed by intesis? apparently these are brand new models…

the indoor Ducted air handler im looking to install are model: ARUH12LUAS
I use quite a few 12K BTU ducted units… these medium static are perfect where we need to place the unit far (vertically) from its outlets so im hoping we can get compatibility for the new models coming out.

I see the ADUH12LUAS is supported… the ‘R’ as the second letter in a fujitsu model specifies that its a Medium static concealed duct vs the ‘D’ which is a standard static pressure unit… would the control system be the same? I dont yet have the tech manual for the new unit only the submittal for plans

-Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I will have to check with the Intesis team about this. It could very well work, but just hasn’t been added to the Compatibility tool yet. Let me see if they have any more information and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Kyle

Hi Christopher,

I spoke to someone here who said the best way to get compatibility questions like this answered is to send a request through the Compatibility website. Here are the instructions:

ACCT For Compatibility with HVAC models:

Use Intesis AC Compatibility Tool [ACCT] on Intesis’ website: HVAC Compatibilities | Intesis

As you type in each letter of the Indoor Unit model number, you are offered results.

If you can enter the entire model number that offers a match – bingo; that is your series, click on it to see choices.

But if all choices disappear as you type , then you are offered the button to submit a research request.

Use that button to access the submission form; it goes directly to R&D team in Spain, and then they reply directly to you.

You must click the blue “Don’t You Find Your AC Unit? Contact Us” button to access the web-submission form:

kyle,
thanks for your help. i had missed the contact-us button previously… I submitted my request.
in the meantime fujitsu got me all the technical info for the new units and it sure looks like it will likely work… the control boards appear very similar with some of the same fujitsu accesories noted in the books with part numbers used on the RGLX that plug into CN65 are still supported on the new unit… this tells me that CN65 still has the same voltage levels and protocols… we have a shipment of units on the way, once we get an indoor unit powered up we will test an intesis device on it and see how it goes… hopeful since things appear very similar that it wont be an issue…

-Christopher

Yeah, I would also expect it to work, but I don’t want to make any promises until the Intesis team has tested it. They should get back to you soon with an update. Thanks for following up!

Intesis got back right away and added these new units to the compatibility tool… this is excellent… there is a newer intesis device than what I used for the others… it actually uses the BWR data bus on the unit leaving CN65 free if you need to use it for other external devices…

I do wish they would support settign the AMBTEMP parameter knowing that the BWR data bus does support that parameter… (we have our own multi-zone room temp sensors)… nevertheless we can work around that by installing an RNRUZ as we have been doing with the RGLX series…

the device which works with this new unit is INWMPFGL001R000, if others are interested… we will get a couple ordered and test in our Lab … we have fuji units already on order.

thanks for everyone’s help…

Intesis makes life so much easier than the old days where I had to Gleen the wired-control protocols and build my own interfaces… (mid to late 00’s).

-Christopher

Great - thank you for the update!

I will also ask them about the AMBTEMP parameter.

got my latest H series unit installed and running… the ARU12HLUAS … the control board on it is Very similar to the ARU12RGLX we have installed previously…

these control boards have both the older style 3 wire controller interface (CN65)… and also the newer style 2 wire control interface…

on the ARU12RGLX the intesis Home automation interface recommended for the unit connects to CN65… for the newer ARU12HLUAS the intesis device recommended connects to the 2 wire interface in parallel with any wired controller you may have. this leaves CN65 available for other interface boards you may want to use…

that newer device is currently on back-order from Intesis so I havent tested it yet… however the older device connecxted to CN65 works just fine… I always set any intesis device as a slave if the fujitsu controller is installed…

I will update once the new deivce is off of back-order and comes in… we use the UTY-RNRUZ5 wired controllers…

from what I can tell the H series units operate identical to the ARUxxRGLX it replaced… seems like just a re-brand from Halcyon to Airstage… although the shipment of units we got are all labelled halcyon still… there are supposedly changes to heating cycles… which cant truly be tested in august… (even though we are having a rather cool summer)…

it would be nice if intesis would release some of the advanced data points. the RNRUZ5 is capable of displaying live system status data such as AMperage / pipe temperatures / compressor drive… etc… this means that data is sent oover the 2 wire interface… yet none of it is offered in the intesis protocol… one could hope they could add these data points even if it is some sort of bit-mapped string we can decode with software… this data could be very valuable for remote troubleshooting of unit issues… as it is now we have to install a whole extra and redundant set of hardware to gain access to amp pull / pipe temperatuires and air temperatures…

Hi @eldoradoboy,

Thanks for the follow up - that is good to know!

Regarding the advanced data points, that’s something I would have to ask the Product Engineers about. It’s also something you could suggest on the Contact From (Contact us | Intesis) if you wanted to. I agree it could be very useful and I’ll pass it along to see if it’s possible to add.

we got into this deper… it appears fujitsu indeed did discontinue the 3 wire interface on the ‘H’ series units… the Intesis device INWMPFGL001R000 which intesis added to the compatibility tool wont run on the ‘H’ series as it is designed to go in-line wit ha 3 wire remote controller… interestingly this method works on the RGLX series units as long as you dont try to run the intesis device along with any 2 wire controller… apparently the A/C unit detects what you connect… and its an either or… 3 wire or 2 wire but not both… using the CN65 on the RGLX units and the intesis INWMPFGL001I000 (plugs into CN65) allows you to run the UTY-RNRUZ5 2 wire controller and an intesis home automation device at the same time…

OK now onto my ‘H’ series units… in the medium static pressure commercial units fujitsu appears to be intransition… so you need to be careful if ordering multiple units for a project and want the correct controllers and intesis devices…
the only ‘H’ series unit in the line is currently the 12,000 BTU unit… the 18,000 BTU and up still show as RGLX units in the sales books… I suspect this will change at some point.

the ‘H’ (in our case ARUH12LUAS) units have both a CN65 and CN75 accessory connectors on the main board… as well as the 2 wire control bus… I have not seen an accessory board listed yet that provides the 3 wire bus but maybe one is in the works. I suspect Fujitsu wants to retire that data link… the Intesis INWMPFGL001I000 connected to CN65 or CN75 works great… I set it as a slave and the 2 wire UTY-RNRUZ5 wall controller as master and all works just like it does on the RGLX… I wrote the Intesis ticket form about this to see if this is in fact an approved installation or if there is another way im supposed to do it since the part number they provided was for a 3 wire interface and not a CN setup…

we have also tested a MODBUS gateway INMBSFGL001I000 connected to ‘CN75’ on the ARUH12LUAS unit as well and it works perfectly…

this all seems confusing however the upshot is dont order based on the compatibility tool right now till it gets sorted out… hopefully my testing sorts this out… and im willing to test anything anyone needs… we have units set up in a lab enivornment for this purpose… I also have several installed in my own home environment which is closer to real-world testing for any testing to may want to do…