Getting "0" values on all tags when the ewon reboots

i require your assistance on a problem i am facing with my flexy devices, they are connect to a OPCUA server siemens 1500 module.

Everything is working as it should the only issue i am facing is when the ewon reboots due to routine reboot or power failure or whatever reason at first startup the ewon assignes and publishes 0 and 0.0 values to all my tags, now the problem is those tags are connecting to a cloud and the 0 values are showing on the dashboard in a very bad manner and disturbing the data .

i have attached the event log after reboot and some photos of the issue if you can please guide me on how to fix this issue or delay the data pull from the opcua until the opcua has connected because as u can see in the logs im getting the 0 value before the opcua even connects,

kind regards.

events.txt (133.8 KB)

Hi @Angelo,

Just to clarify, the data is originating from the Siemens PLC (connected to Ewon’s LAN) and being sent to the Ewon via OPC UA? The Ewon is the OPC UA Client then?

The data is then being sent to your cloud instance using MQTT (Java function)?

I will have to check if there is a way to “freeze” the data upon disconnection to the OPC UA Server, but I don’t know of a way. The alternative would be to not start the MQTT connection until you have confirmed there is an OPC UA connection using an OPC UA status tag.

Can you create a backup of the Ewon using eBuddy and check “Include Support Files” so that we can check the settings and logs?

So looking closer at this, it should only happen on a reboot, otherwise the data is retained and sent upon reconnection. But if there is a reboot, there will be some zeros and the way to prevent them from being sent would be to check the tag quality is good before sending. I don’t currently have an example of this, but I will see if I can find one.

Hi Kyle

find attached ewon backup
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (583.5 KB)

The problem is that the tags are registering a 0 in there historical logging i am not sure why they do that on a reboot or power failure

Now when the ewon boots up

It reads that 0 value as a value that has changed and then sends it to the cloud after the ewon has connected to the opcua,

On the second cycle it reads the new data coming from the opcua and publishes that on both mqtt and java

How can prevent it from regiatering a 0 value in the historical logging?

Looking into this further, this should not be the case. The Historical Logging should not be active when a Tag has a bad quality. How are you verifying this?

Due to the nature of this issue, I would advise that you create a case at https://support.hms-networks.com so that it can be investigated further. That will allow the Ewon developers to be involved. When you create the case, please reference this thread:

///forum.hms-networks.com/t/getting-0-values-on-all-tags-when-the-ewon-reboots/71328

[Ewon devs please reference bg26515]