GSD generator throws exception

Hi,

I am trying to use the GSD generator tool, but whenever I do, it fails with the following exception:

hms-ex

I am running the speed example on the starterkit, with Profinet, ethernet, web server and web adi access enabled.

I have tried both on Windows 7 and 10 with the same result.

Hello,

Have you made sure that you have selected the right NIC in the software? Also, that this NIC is on the same IP subnet?

Best regards,
Nick

Yes, I can connect to the module using the Profinet Master Simulator, so I assume that the connection is ok.

If I disconnect the module (or change the NIC) I get the normal “Unable to find any module”-error. It is only when the module is connected, it throws the exception.

Hello,

What exact ABCC article number are you using? Have you disabled web access to ADIs in the code? If you are using the default I would guess not.

Best regards,
Nick

1 Like

I am using the 023220-B starterkit with the AB6675-C module and the AB6666-B connector board.

The Release Information document for the GSD generator specifies that “the web-server and web ADI access must be enabled for the tool to work”, so I have had both of those enabled. I have just tried disabling web access, and the result is the same.

Hello,

I will need to look into this further and get back to you.

Best regards,
Nick

Hello,

Can you please tell me what FW version is loaded on this module?

Best regards,
Nick

v1.37 Build 02

I am going to send you the latest firmware to try, please let me know if this has any effect. It might be related to something in the identity information, but this is a good first step.

If you do not received the FW in the next few minutes please let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,
Nick

One thing I will add is that at this point it might be better to create a ticket here so your local support can assist you. We are located in the US, and although we try our best to support internationally some situations warrant local support. You can do this here,

https://www.anybus.com/support/contact-support

Best regards,
Nick

A post was split to a new topic: GSD Generator Error