Having issues after installing Ecatcher V 6.7.3,

Hi there, I recently installed Ecatcher ver. 6.7.3 and I’ve attached the Home screen that propagates when I open the program to log onto an EWON in the field. There is no Account, Username, Password displays showing to select a specific account. Did I miss an install selection to get to this instance.

My company has made us upgrade laptops and this is a fresh install on a new laptop. I currently have Ecatcher ver 6.6.4 installed on old laptop and it works perfect.

Suggestions?

Hello,

Please uninstall the software, reboot the PC, reinstall the software. Once it is reinstalled it should resolve the issue.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Sorry i failed to mention that i tried your procedure twice and still same outcome,

Chris

When you uninstalled the program did you have any files left in the C:\Program Files (x86)\eCatcher-Talk2M directory?

Are you using a laptop with an external display?

Hi Deryck,

Yes i still have 3 folders left in that directory,

• jre
  • Talk2mVpnService
  • UsbService,

and yes i do have an external display as a secondary display, been always running Ecatcher on main laptop screen, does this have a major outcome on software performance?

Hi Cfrederick,

This issue is due to something in the installation process that seems to set the wrong aspect ratio or corrupt files. Can you try deleting the files after you uninstall then reboot and reinstall? If the issue persists can you send me a copy of the logs from “C:\Program Files (x86)\eCatcher-Talk2M\Talk2mVpnService\logs”

I would also try launching it without your external display this may resolve the issue.

Hi Deryck,

That worked for me, much appreciated. Can you explain to me why an external monitor would cause an issue for installing this software? Ive also installed PLC & HMI programs on this laptop with the external monitor hooked up and it hasnt been an issue with them.

thank you
Chris

Hi @Cfrederick,

I can’t explain exactly what is happening since we are not exactly sure. The issue only happens periodically and we cant seem to repeatedly cause it. The issue is tied to the login page not rendering correctly. the full page if you expand the window enough you will still see the fields for the account and username. The developers are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution for the issue.

Deryck