Historical logging not logging

Hi There
I have a flexy 202 and am trying to setup up alarms on 4 tags as well as log data on a number of other tags.

I setup tags for historical logging and have the ewon email me a log file every day - however, the log file has no recorded data [ just zeros ] I polled the registers and there is real data available, but not being recorded.

It also appears that it is skipping tags. data is set up for -1 deadband and 60 second recording

Did i miss something in the setup?

Thanks!

Can we setup a time to take a look at this over teamviewer when you’re available? Or can you send us a backup.tar file of this device from eBuddy?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hi Tim

*Can do – I am working from home – so only 57 feet from my laptop at anyone time -*:blush:

I just need 10 minute heads up so I can kick the user off of teamviewer [ he’s “watching” our unit via our HMI interface via TV ]

No impact, as the client is not in production this week.

Backup and most recient log file – it now seems to be logging all 9 tags – but no values [ e.g. Tag #9 should be >100)

Lemme know!

Thanks for the help!

[ and I am a noob on this eWON stuff ]

Ok that works for me, would 2:00 PM Eastern time work or do you need to give him a little more notice?

Perfect

Just talked to the client and he’s out

Thank you!

If anybody else runs into this issue, you’ll want to make sure that you set your Modbus Serial settings to have the correct slave address in your IO server

Hi Tim

*Thanks again for your time today – however, I think I broke something *:blush:

The unit stopped logging around 17:15 local

There are a number of “port mis-match” alarms

Thanks in advance for your help!

M

Were you adding more tags or do you know what you were changing when it seemed to break? Can you send us a backup.tar file of the device from eBuddy with the support files included?

Hi Tim

Yes I added more tags [ does that suspend the operation? ] But I stopped and logged out for lunch.

I had setup a number of alarms – so I changed them to just log. Then it seemed to start logging again

But no values.

I checked with Belgium last night – and here’s the manual – see section 2.3 – 2.6

Log file from last night – you can see where it starting logging – but no values

I include the 2 backups I took before and after ( at 16:22 and 22:36 yesterday)

*I am going to do more “restore points” from now on *:blush:

BTW: The manual is NOT for general distribution - TIA

Thanks again for all of your help!!

[attachments hidden]

Can I take a look over TeamViewer again?

Absolutely

When?

I’m free now if that works

Forgot to mention – also changed the polling time it case it was causing an issue

To no effect

5 mins

Matthew FOX

Sr. Project Manager

Ok when you’re ready can you send me the teamviewer info

Hi Tim

Ready

Hi Tim

Thanks again for all your help today

I found my original .tar file – restored it and I can now poll the PLC using CASModbus Scanner

I am going to try setting up 3 logging tags

Will advise

M

Thanks for the update, let me know what you find out

Hi Tim

I restored the backup we took before you & I started this AM [ tested with scanner - ]

Found that the sertup|system|comm|Gen|Serial Ports - had “don’t setup” selected

Changed to RX4xx, Half,Pol. ON

IO Servers was set to Full D

Changed to Half D

Restored “working” tar w/ 2 tags @ 60 seconds

Values displayed

Scanner displays

No logging – log files are not updating

Rebooted

Ran scanner – results from polled registers

Waited 5 minutes

Scanner displays

No logging

Restored 4 13 with 7 tags

Recvd alarm emails [ expected on change – according to the manual]

No values

Scanner works

Left Global untouched [ did not disable tag in error]

No values

Scanner works

Genral|Serial Ports – Com1 has “don’t setup”

Changed to RX4xx, half, Po. ON

Scanner works

No values

No logging

IO Servers

Set slave to 1 and enabled Topic A

Values appeared

Scanner works

Got alarm email for SysNOT OK [ is a test SysOK should = 1 normally = OK ; 0=NotOK ]

Reboot

Scanner works

Email alarms worked

Logging started

Attached: Log file full tar file installed, tar file from before we started (pre HMS ).

I am going to add tags and do incremental Bus, until it stops working

*My head hurts -*:blush:

Thanks again for all of your help!

Sorry about that, this is starting to sound a pretty confusing. I wonder what must be happening that stops the device from being able to communicate? That disable tags in error should take care of it I would think. Did you make any more progress with this?