HMI supplied Sim Card

I have a Ewon Cosy 131, I have a good cell signal but can not get it to connect to any the network. I activated the plan via the cellular data plan site. Does this card have a pin and or a username or password?

The card does not have a pin. The APN you will use is zipitwireless.com.attz

I put that APN as a custom and it still will not connect.

What errors are you getting in your event log? Can you provide a backup of the device from ebuddy and check the “include support files”

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (74 KB)

Regards,

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (74 KB)

It looks like you have tried allowing internet passthough and setup a triggered connection. Was the device working before these changes?

This was a straight out of the box, I set it to maintained and I have not been in the settings to make it pass through yet. I will need to make it a pass through to be able to do what I want it to but right now i am just getting the connection to Talk2M. Should I do a factory reset?

I would factory reset the device and go though the wizard first.Make sure that the device is set to the time zone your currently in. Once that is don these are the settings that need to be changed for intenet passthrough on the cosy.

Does the Lan device need to have a DNS set to access the internet through the Ewon?

image001.png

It will depend on the device. If you are trying to give a computer access then the default gateway will need to be the cosy LAN IP address and you will have to set the dns ( such as google public dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

Which I did, but still no access, I have the settings correct by the tech note on the support page. I have connection to Talk2m but the internet access is not there.

If this is a computer is the IP for the ethernet connection static and set in the same range as the cosy LAN IP? Are you still seeing errors show in the event log?

When I go to a page it says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET.

The address is in range, i can connect to it through the browser and there is no errors on the events as of an hour ago when I was able to get the unit online.

If you use a different browser are you able to connect? The ethernet connection you are using has a static dns set on your computer? such as 8.8.8.8