HMS-EN2MB-R SETUP TO SLC 505

Hello Im Patrick Puente
I’m setting up a HMS-EN2MB-R to connect to a SLC 505. I have setup the same type of gateway in the past with a compact logic but never with a SLC 505. Please contact me at
Thank you

The SLC is using Ethernet/IP? You most likely have to use MSG Instructions as shown in the following document.
Using a HMS Anybus Ethernet Communicator with an Allen.pdf (867.7 KB)

The document doesn’t show anything on how to setup the gateway. I setup the ip using “HMS IP config” software. The document show the messaging

Where can I download the HMS ABC Configurator Software Version 2.22 and user manual for
HMS-EN2MB-R

So you asked about connecting it the the SLC505, which I am assuming is on the Ethernet/IP side since you didn’t specify.

You can download the User Manual on the Product Download page, but you can’t download configuration software for this device. As stated on the Product Page, the HMS-EN2MB-R is configured using the Add-On Profile in RSLogix Studio 5000.

If you want the standalone version of the device which does not require RSLogix, you should use the AB9006.

Hello Kyle
Just to be clear the module we have HMS-EN2MB-R can only be configured with Studio 5000 and this being the case it will not work with RS-Logix 500? The AB9006 is are only option. My rep said it should work what is the difference in the module?

Yes, that’s correct.

Did your rep know that your weren’t using Studio 500?

The only difference is that the EN2MB-R requires Studio 5000 to configure. This allows the tags to be automatically imported from the EN2MB-R configuration into Studio 500. The AB9006 has it’s own internal web page for configuration, but otherwise has the same functionality as the EN2MB-R as a ModbusTCP client/master and an Ethernet/IP adapter.

Kyle
is there a way to configure the module using a Studio 5000 but point to a 500 processor? Or is are only option to return the HMS-EN2MB-R and get a AB9006?

No.

This is the only option unfortunately.