HMS-EN2P-R Fault comunication

Goodevening,

I’m trying to bring two devices into communication through your EN2PB-R gateway Ethernet/Profibud DP, but without success.
The network is composed as follows:

• plc Rockwell 1756-L71, with 1756-EN2TR network card,
  • HMS-EN2PB-R gateway
  • pcl Siemens 1510SP-1 PN 6ES7510-1DJ01-0AB0 with Communication module 6SE7545-5DA00-0AB0.

By the Configurator Manager on Studio 5000, I configured the network setting the gateway as master at address 1, and the Siemens cpu as slave at address 3.
For any data area I go to configure, I always get the attached diagnostic result.

On the cpu Siemens the data area was the same and the dialog status LED on the communication module is solid red and get generic fault.

Through the Siemens PC-field interface, the Siemens software detects the presence of master and slave nodes on network, without diagnostic errors.

I tried to connect and configure the communication with an old CPU 313C-2dp, but I don’t get a different results: fail.

I ask you an example of parameters to be set in the configuration.
I ask you to pay special attention to us, as Italy support did not give us a solution to apply.

Please I ask you a prompt answer, because I’m on filed and I have big problem with this issue.

Thanks

Hello,

When you scan the network with the configuration tool, does your slave appear as an adoptable slave? Can you please show some screenshots of this and the hardware configuration after the scan?

Best regards,
Nick

Hi Nick,
Unfortunately I can’t show you the result of net tool scan.
But it show me the 1510SP-PN cpu with a combo box with: “Config for slot 1”, “Config for slot 2”; “Config for slot 3”, in blue color.
But if I cklick over one of this items, I get no result. Also if I click on “ACCEPT THIS CONFIGURATION” after the scan procedure.

Also in TIA portat my supplyer can not add the HMS gateway to Profibus network. Is available a *.gsd file to import?
I give the gsd find with a right-click on HMS icon. I give this file to my supplyer but he can not import successfully. So he had a network brench coming out from the communication module that doesn’t end.

Hi Nick,
Unfotunately I’can’t scan the network now, because I’m not on site. But when I scanned the profibus network, the nettool show me the HMS device and the Siemens PLC, a windows like this:
under the siemens entry there were three lines with a combo box for the selection: “Config for slot1”, “Config for slot2”, “Config for slot3”, in blue color.
But if I selected one of them, nothing happened.
Even if I click on the “accept” button, it did not change anything.

Anyway I think this configuration should be performed by TIA Portal. But to do this my supplier needs to have a * .GSD file that defines the gateway as the master object of the profibus network.
I try to get the gsd by your tool:
But this file can’t be imported on Siemens TIA Portal. It gives error.

What I want to get?
From the Rockwell plc I want be able to exchange data (INT and BOOL) with the Siemens PLC, via the Profibus communication port available on the Siemens PLC.
For this purpose, our Rockwell sales manager selected and offered us your HMS-EN2PB-R device.

Hello,

I do not think it is possible to configure our PROFIBUS master with TiA portal. What it seems like is that you must configure the PLC correctly and add the corresponding module to our configuration software.

Do you have a ticket open with HMS in Europe? If so, can you please give me this ticket number/issue id?

Best regards,
Nick

Hello,
I have an issue open with the support team: Issue ID: 1827-27602.
The tecnician told me that the devide in my hand, can’t satisfy my goal.
He suggest me the AB7832 gateway.

Thanks for your support.
Marco

Marco,

I agree, that gateway suits this application much better. Thanks for the update!

Nick