HMS-EN2SE-R losses DF1 connection after power cycle

Hello,
I currently have a compactlogix connecting to a micrologix through the DF1 port. I’m able to get the two PLC’s communicating with each other through the gateway HMS-EN2SE-R however when I power cycle the gateway the sub net will not restart. I currently have the module control/status word disabled. Do i need to use the Control/status word?

Hello @Pete1

We have seen this issue in a few other cases and have escalated the issue to the developers to take a look. While the Control/status word is not necessary you might be able to use it to disable the node and then reenable it to get communications working again.

Can you please create a support case on mysupport.hms.se for this issue so we can share this issue with the development team.

Deryck

Deryck,
Here is my support case number 202008-18740.

So I enabled the module control/Status word and I’m in the process of trying to enable the Node but it appears that I’m not getting any status to and from the module. I have gone through the manual handshaking and the State machine diagram procedure and I’m still not able to get any module information. Attached are the config files.

CP.cfg (16.0 KB) CP.cfx (4.3 KB) .

Hello Pete,

We will review these files and find they can give us insight on the issues.

Can I have a rough time frame when I can get a solution to this problem?

Right now we do not have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved. You could use the AB7072 as a replacement device. This is the same form factor and similar software as the EN2SE-R but does not include the AOP and is programmed over a serial programming port.

Deryck

Ok, since your recommendation is to exchange the current product (which is already bought) I have for the AB7072. Can I get a more formal document to give to my supplier so I wont have to Buy 2 more gateways.

Thanks

Hello Pete,

You would need to discuss this with your local sales manger. Can you provide me with contact info and where you are located so I can request they reach out to you?

Deryck

Deryck,

<removed>

Thank you,
Pete

Thank you I have forwarded this info on.

Deryck