How much ram and flash are available on the Flexy for custom Java applications?

I’m looking at using the Java interface to build some custom applications. How much ram and flash are available on the Flexy for custom development?

The amount of flash memory available to your unit is highly dependent on the eWON device you have and the current memory configuration of the hardware.

All Java projects are stored in the \usr directory of the eWON. This value is configurable, though the exact amounts vary on exactly which model you are using.

CD Series Models

Possible Flash memory configurations for a CD series unit are: 16MB, 15MB and 14 MB

Flexy Models

Possible Flash memory configurations for a Flexy unit are: 29 MB, 21 MB and 16 MB

Now while you do have that flash memory available for your root project storage, I recommend not hitting the absolute maximum to leave yourself some room for file actions etc.

The total heapsize is limited by the system ram (64MB) so theoretically there is no limit other than that value. However it is important to remember that this ram is shared by other components in the unit (firmware, wifi, scripting, …).

In order to ensure stability I would recommend going no higher than 20 MB.