How to check RPI during EIP Open Connection

Hi there,

I’m working with an Anybus C40 to build up an EtherNet/IP target.
I used the EIP reference application to start my project and evrything works.

I would like to check the RPI value at the connection opening in order to evaluate if the selected RPI fits the target RPI range.

Is it possible to check the RPI using the anybus cc driver and how can I check it?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Federico

Dear Federico,

as soon as the master device tries to open the connection with the ABCC40 module, the module will send set_attribute command toward the Sync object, instance #1, attribute “cycle time”. If you are not using the sync object the application will answer with an error “not supported object”.

So you can set the application to read the sent RPI value and compare it with your own value.
But I think this is not necessary, because this type of issues will be handled from the Ethernet IP stack in our module itself.
Are you using the sync object? If not, so you actually don’t need to implement such function in the application.

Best regards
TareQ

Hi TareQ,

thank you for your reply!

I’m not using the Sync Object (and also the Sync Line).
The idea is to check if my application can handle the required cycle time (RPI).
In fact my application can only handle RPI equal to 16 ms.
So I want to check the RPI before start the application.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Federico

Hi Federico,

As far as I know, this should not be a matter for your application. The module and the stack inside will do this job. In your application you just have to take care about the communication interface (SPI or paralle) between the module and your controller.

Best regards
TareQ