How to manually configure flexy 202 for Talk2M

Hi There

I am trying to to configure a flexy 202 to connect to talk2M remotely, using teamviewer on a laptop connected to the eWON via ethernet.

ecatcher does not seem to work properly as screens do not display correctly in my TV window.

Can I manually configure the flexy via the browser interface? and how?

Thanks!

Most settings can be changed under System > Storage > Edit COM cfg or Edit SYSTEM cfg. These point to text files, that can also be accessed via FTP. For more info on them, please see:

However, you will need to run the Talk2M Wizard. Have you tried using another browser?

Hi Kyle

I’ve run the T2MCC and it cannot access any of the VPN servers. Could you please check the attached and advise what it means by

This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows

TeamViewer works fine.

Thanks in advance!

Talk2MConnectionCheckerFullLog.txt (81.9 KB)

It appears that there is a problem with the WAN connection. It is likely being blocked by a firewall or other security appliance. You can have the IT depart look at this document for directions on whitelisting our servers:

For more information see:

Thanks Kyle

There is only one upstream device on this network [ cell modem for internet access] I white listed 6 of the tested VPN servers. TeamViewer works and it uses port 443.

Also – I cannot find how/where to run the talk2m wizard. I suspect we may be too far behind on the FW.

s/n 1749-0112-21 FW: 12.1s2

This unit has been in storage for 2 almost 2 years and the webscreens on the flexy don’t match the ones I see on the forum.

image002.jpg

Update first, before we scramble down a rabbit hole we can’t get out of?

Thanks!

I would recommend updating the firmware. Connect to the device and open eBuddy. Select firmware and update to 13.0, then 14.0, then 14.1. (It looks like you are on 12.1 now) The major updates need to be done sequentially.

Hi There

No joy – verified login & pw

image001.jpg

BTW – I am accessing this unit remotely.

You are accessing it through teamviewer right?

Can you ping the eWON? Is your network adapter set on the same subnet as the eWON?

Can you check that the time and date are correct on the eWON as well?

You are accessing it through teamviewer right?[[MJF]] Yes

Can you ping the eWON? [[MJF]] Yes

[/uploads/default/original/2X/1/16c38afe4019c6b1ed2b3fe3085baf3a46f3d24f.jpeg]

[[MJF]]

Is your network adapter set on the same subnet as the eWON?[[MJF]] yes

Can you check that the time and date are correct on the eWON as well?[[MJF]] yes – I had to reset the laptop clock – but still no joy

[[MJF]]

Thanks!

Do you want to provide me the Teamviewer credentials so that I can take a look at it?

Hi There

Sorry for the delay – we have been dealing with COVID-19 issues

We’re you able to access the eWON?

I have tried to update the firmware – but no joy

Thanks!

Hello @KINOLT_USA,

Kyle is not available for a few days an im helping him out. Looking though this topic it is a bit difficult to understand the issues you are running into and what you are expecting. This would be easier if you call into our support line to discuss the issue and we can connect over teamviewer with you to help diagnose the issue.

Can you please call us at 312 829 0601 and select the options for support.

Deryck

Hi Kevin

You won’t believe it – the adm password is the same as my user password

Sigh – trying updates now – will advise

Thanks for the help!!!

Hi Guys

Updates worked. [ of note - web interface does not work well with Chrome after update ]

Thank you!

Which version of the firmware are you on now? I’m not aware of any issues with Chrome.

Hi Kyle

The latest available – I downloaded via eBuddy all available and verified it was the same # 14.1s0

Thanks!

I haven’t heard of any issues with 14.1 and Chrome, so I’d need to get some details about the issues to see if we can replicate them and see if there is some kind of bug.

Is this through eCatcher, M2Web, or are you connected to LAN port of the Flexy?

Is Chrome updated to the latest version? What operating system are you using? (Windows 10? 64-bit?)

If you can get screen shots, that would be helpful as well as any error messages you may get.

Thanks!

Kyle

Thanks Kyle

I’ll get to that – right now I am fighting with logging issues [ Tim is on it ]

You guys are great!

Hi Kyle

My laptop is Win 10 pro / 64bit

Remote laptop is Win 7/ 32 bit – latest Chrome 32bit

Remote is local laptop on LAN to eWON

TeamViewer from my laptop to local laptop – so it could be a TV issue with screen write

Here’s the TAGs page

Chrome

.vs. ie

Thanks!

We haven’t seen any issues like this with Chrome on any recent firmware, so I think it’s related to the local computer and/or browser. I would make sure any browser extensions are disabled first, there may be one blocking that element. If it persists, try re-installing Chrome.