Http Failed

I am having a issue with setting a cosy 131, i have tested if the ethernet cable has internet that’s okay, IT has whitelisted the *.talk2m.com. not sure what is going on?

Hello,

Are you using the activation key method or the account name method.

The activation key is the only method that will create the tunnel for the VPN.

-Kevin

yes, i am using the activation key method

I would check to see if the firewall is doing any level 3 layer filtering, blocking OpenVPN, and check if they are modifying the SSL certificate.

Layer 3 Filtering
Our units communicate on Layer 3 only. The VPN wizard will fail if Layer 3 is being filtered out.

OpenVPN
The Talk2m VPN utilizes OpenVPN for establishing a VPN tunnel. If the OpenVPN is blocked, the tunnel cannot be created.

SSL Certificate modification
Often times, Firewalls inspect SSL certificates on their network. During this process modifications are made which causes are server to reject the connection. Our service sees these modified certificates as “Man in the Middle” attacks.

Can you attach a backup with support files of the unit? This can be done using ebuddy while connected to the device.

I tried to do a back up and it says firewall issue?

Did you try Passive mode?

The firewall of your computer is causing the FTP to fail.

how do you do passive mode?

Enabling Passive mode is done during the Ewon Identification step of the Backup/Restore.

Here you go

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (34.5 KB)

Hello,

When you go through the Internet Wizard, does it pass both steps? Have you tried configuring this device on a different network?

Unfortunately, the event logs did not pin point the error that is occurring.

I would also suggest updating the firmware to the latest build of 14.6.

-Kevin

the system config passes, once i go to the internet tab on static and on dhcp it fails but it says i have internet.

Hello,

The device is not getting internet connection. The unit shows passing, because you are assigning an IP via Static. You will need to resolve the Internet connection, so both steps pass. Then try the VPN wizard again.

I am Still Not able to Connect I have talked to Our IT department and they whitelisted the server and on talk2me i have both checkmarks, now i am trying to add ip address on ewon for internet and not letting me connect

Seems like the internet started to work the green globe at the bottom right is green and it says internet working, but now the VPN failed

Hello RoRocha,

I looks like the device still isn’t connecting to the Internet.

If you run the Internet Wizard, does it pass both steps?

-Kevin