I try and uninstall Ecatcher, and it will not successfully uninstall, it will just come back moments later. The reason I need to uninstall it, is while in Ecatcher it tells me a have a connection problem and that I should reinstall.
You can reference to this other post, and do a “clean uninstall”. https://forum.hms-networks.com/t/ecatcher-clean-uninstall/64674/2?u=juliana_hms
- You’ll have to uninstall eCatcher
- Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eCatcher-Talk2m directory and all it’s components
- Delete specific registry keys: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\eCatcher-Talk2M* ** all keys that start with this* **
- Reboot your PC
Let me know if that helps!
I did follow that post and tried doing those steps, before I posted here.
- When I try and uninstall eCatcher it goes away for a moment, then comes back,
- It won’t let me delete this folder, I tried going into the folder but there are files in the folder it won’t let me delete. Most I could but still about 4 files that wouldn’t let me delete, I do have Admin rights on my computer.
- I was able to delete all the registry keys, but this still didn’t do much.
- Rebooted and still eCatcher won’t uninstall.
Alright, let’s try something else.
- Go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\eCatcher-Talk2m directory → Talk2mVpnService → drivers
- Run “deltapall.bat” only
- Go to you device manager and uninstall the TAP adapter under network adapters (if it’s still showing there)
- Uninstall eCatcher.
Still not able to fully uninstall eCatcher.
- Found this drive folder,
- I was able to delete the deltapall.bat file
- Did not see a TAP adapter under network adapters, so did not uninstall it
- Tried uninstalling eCatcher, but doesn’t fully uninstall and shows back up in my programs a few moments later
- Restarted computer but eCather is still installed.
Any more help is appreciated. Thank you. I could teamview or teams with someone on your support staff if that helps anymore.
Try using Revo Uninstaller - Download Revo Uninstaller Free - Remove unwanted programs easily
Make sure to scan and delete any leftover files.