I Have an intestis IR unit. It is probably 5 or 6 years old . Model is FJ-IR-WIFI-IN. Replaced router to new Spectrum unit and i think it is a 5.2 and nor 2.4. Do I need an updated Intesus init?

I have an intestis IR unit. That is about 5 or 6 years old. the model number is FJ - IR - Wi-Fi - IN We just upgraded this spectrum router to a newer model. And I think it is a 5.2 I know. These units ran on 2.4 . do I need to get an upgraded unit?

Yes, you will probably need to upgrade the Intesis device unless you can configure the router to work with 802.11b (2.4 GHz). I have not seen much success getting this working with the cable company owned routers. Another alternative is to use an older router connected to the new router.

Please note, the new product order code is INWFIUNI001I000.

You should be able to purchase it through Fujitsu USA (888) 888‐3424 or on digikey.com or mouser.com.

Hello, the specs on this upgraded unit still says it wants 2.4

Am I missing something in the specs? I am willing to buy a new unit but I want to make sure it will work with thus 5.2 router or whatever it is.

Thank you

Almost all modern routers support both 2.4 and 5 GHz. You can check with Spectrum, but I guarantee the router supports both frequencies. The problem with the old Intesis unit is not that it’s 2.4 GHz but that it’s 802.11b. The new unit supports 802.11 b/g/n.

Thank you Kyle, I will order one from your website. I do appreciate your assistance.

You’re welcome - please let us know if you have any other questions. Please note that we are changing our support platform, so in the future you should go to support.hms-networks.com to open a case or create a forum post.

Thank you!